Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Biz played 41 minutes in a game 7 in the second round of the playoffs a year ago. Barely an NBA player?

Let me re-phrase that, barely a player that should be getting more then vet min in the modern NBA. What does he do well on any level?

Those playoff games were a flash in the pan, Henny bit on them too.

I never said he's not good, but he's never been an All Star and probably never will. At best he's the 10th best PG in the NBA. He's good, but he's not great. Say we sign him and go 41-41 and go into next offseason with the 16th pick in the draft and no cap space? It's just a bad idea for this team going forward. I'm not saying we should tank but blowing our load on the outside chance of being a treadmill team is not the answer either.

Eh. George hill is right in the middle of that and maybe you focus on dumping the other contracts so you can sign a good player vs settling with the guys you have.

Let me re-phrase that, barely a player that should be getting more then vet min in the modern NBA. What does he do well on any level?

Those playoff games were a flash in the pan, Henny bit on them too.

Biz would look better if we had a pick and roll point guard and didn't seem set on passing him the ball at the top of the key constantly.

Biz would look better if we had a pick and roll point guard and didn't seem set on passing him the ball at the top of the key constantly.

I personally don't think it matters if you give him the ball 2 -feet from the rim. He has stone hands.

Have I made it clear my opinion of Biz yet? Hahaha.

It's not an attempt for the 8th seed, it's an overriding theme of bringing in talented players no matter the fit and seeing where it goes in the future.

Boston, Miami and Houston basically build by this concept, and I tend to agree with it.

(I'm fine with not signing Hill by the way).

I don't disagree if we were talking about a game changer and franchise changing player. But George Hill is not that guy. He'd improve the team but we'd lose our cap space and be stuck in a spot where we can't improve.

I think this whole debate is pointless since I think Hill will end up with more than we can offer.

I don't disagree if we were talking about a game changer and franchise changing player. But George Hill is not that guy. He'd improve the team but we'd lose our cap space and be stuck in a spot where we can't improve.

No worries. We're getting Ingles

Ingles would bring much needed shooting and a strong basketball IQ to this team. Paying him 60 million over four years is a bit much though. I'd like to see like three years for 39 million.

Ingles would bring much needed shooting and a strong basketball IQ to this team. Paying him 60 million over four years is a bit much though. I'd like to see like three years for 39 million.

A bit much? This is strongly overpaying someone who is not able to create his own shot and has a carreer average of 5.5 points. But after the signing of Biyombo and Augustin to those kind of contracts, I am not worried about anything anymore.

Free agent forward Joe Ingles is expected to meet with the Clippers and Jazz this weekend, according to beat writer Tony Jones.

Adrian Wojnarowski also reported that Ingles "has yet to start negotiations with any team," and we won't have a clear idea of where he might land until he's met with a few teams. At the moment, Western Conference teams are the only ones that have been connected to Ingles, but that could change overnight.