Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

I just don't understand why we didnt fix a lot of it and go for new young talent that can fill different roles during this off season. We're pretty much the same team as last season.

If Dennis Smith Jr becomes a stud then these idiots should be fired next year. I'm not having patience with incompetence just for the sake of having patience -- not anymore. We learned that lesson from Hennigan.

Firing people every other year isn't going to change anything though. Let's see what Vogel can do in year two. I say we go into season having Mack, Fournier, Ross, Gordon, and Biyombo as our starters and see how it goes. Then after 20 games evaluate it and make a few changes as necessary. That lineup is probably our best chance at having chance to compete every night.

Firing people every other year isn't going to change anything though. Let's see what Vogel can do in year two. I say we go into season having Mack, Fournier, Ross, Gordon, and Biyombo as our starters and see how it goes. Then after 20 games evaluate it and make a few changes as necessary. That lineup is probably our best chance at having chance to compete every night.

I highly doubt Mack is starting over Payton.

The worst part is everyone saw this coming across the board. Not like he's just some guy who slipped by

Yea exactly. It was almost like SmithJr was the unanimous pick on here. I'm optimistic and extremely intrigued with Issac but we all know SmithJr probably should have been the pick. It just made so much sense. Very high upside as far as PG's go, filled a major need, can score from day one. All things we really need.

But it is what it is. Again, I like Issac. Let's hope he ends up maximizing his potential. Because like others have said if he ends up just being alright and Smith JR is a star it's gonna hurt for a long time.

• Upvote 1

I highly doubt Mack is starting over Payton.

I doubt it too but I think Mack would definitely give us a better chance to win games. He's for sure a better floor general

Yea exactly. It was almost like SmithJr was the unanimous pick on here. I'm optimistic and extremely intrigued with Issac but we all know SmithJr probably should have been the pick. It just made so much sense. Very high upside as far as PG's go, filled a major need, can score from day one. All things we really need.

But it is what it is. Again, I like Issac. Let's hope he ends up maximizing his potential. Because like others have said if he ends up just being alright and Smith JR is a star it's gonna hurt for a long time.

I like Isaac, but he's just another project at this point. Another guy that "needs to add muscle" to compete in the NBA. A guy who needs to possibly change/alter/get more consistent with his shot. A guy who may have conditioning issues due his asthma. etc.

Had we not just endured a rebuild prior to this, I would be ok with that. But at some point you need to get some guys who are ready to compete.

I like Isaac, but he's just another project at this point. Another guy that "needs to add muscle" to compete in the NBA. A guy who needs to possibly change/alter/get more consistent with his shot. A guy who may have conditioning issues due his asthma. etc.

Had we not just endured a rebuild prior to this, I would be ok with that. But at some point you need to get some guys who are ready to compete.

Yep

Payton must be holding someone hostage. It's like they're scared to upgrade the PG position. Payton wouldn't be an issue if he had scorers around him but we need a scoring PG the way our roster is built.

This is exactly why I was so against drafting Issac for months leading up to the draft for every reason you just laminated. I just wanted a guy that was ready to come in and be a starter from day one--and I always thought that was Smith JR.

This will be a fun discussion to look back on in a couple years.

Edit: Also, I was done with Payton so it was like a match made in heaven.

That may not sound like that much but when you realize thats:

Payton

Fournier

Ross

Gordon

Vuc

Augustine

Biyombo

Hezonja

It's pretty much the same team as last year. The other guys we let go were really of no importance to the rotation.

The only real new addition is obviously Isaac, but who knows whether he can do much as a rookie.

Isaac will take a couple of years just due to the fact that he hasn't quit growing.... His talent is very easy to see, but it will take time. DSJ is ready to contribute immediately. I think both guys are going to have good careers, but Isaac is a very unusual athlete. Lets hope he truly sniffs his potential.