Sign in to follow this  
Ibn Battuta

Pistons Vs Magic

You can also hope for the better, like Philly possibly making a bad choice because Bryan Colangelo blows and our guy makes the better choice. Is that too much to ask?

Us make the better choice!!? And based off of what should I expect that to happen?

We are a clown show.

No leadership or direction just an absolute clown show.

Why did philly lose tonight? Because they get it. They knew what was at stake. Sure they could pick 3rd or 4th and blow the pick somehow but that's not the point. You want to pick as high as possible. We hurt our chances at that tonight over nothing.

Because we couldn't just keep AG and Payton on the bench.

They also have a capable roster of making the playoffs...we are def not Miami.

Miami was bottom of the barrel earlier this season, and the board was in awe they went on that huge win streak. They have a win mentality. Yeah, it sucks we have lower odds now, but Vogel isn't a loser either. I don't want the players to think so either, given the turnover rate in the NBA. Golden State got their best players from (guessing) late 1st, and 2nd round.

Nor should we have.

You play to win. The rest is out of your control.

The fact that this thread is seriously asking for coaches and players to purposefully lose... that's disgusting.

Nor should we have.

The fact that this thread is seriously asking for coaches and players to purposefully lose... that's disgusting.

Disgusting?

Than I guess half of the NBA is disgusting for trying to better their future in a meaningless April game.

Nor should we have.

I want them to win...

Win better odds. Can't believe you want them to lose those odds. What kind of fan are you wanting them to lose?

Payton and Gordon are the future. Find the right pieces around them and we make the playoffs next year. 4th or 5th pick doesn't matter. This is a good draft and we will get a very good player hopefully shooter. And if all you can do is bit h and complain all I gotta say is get a life.

The good news is this only impacts our chance of getting a top 3 pick by something like 4.3%

Can drop all the way to 8th now.

Feel much better about top 7.

You know, this really was the perfect effing ending to the most dissapinting year in this teams history IMO.

Nor should we have.

Not purposefully lose, just not go for the win.

We play Augustin-garino-hunt-Mario- Zimmerman to close out the game and Mario hits some threes to win, ok. Whatever. You tried your best.

Having our two best players close out the game is maddening

Payton and Gordon are the future. Find the right pieces around them and we make the playoffs next year. 4th or 5th pick doesn't matter. This is a good draft and we will get a very good player hopefully shooter. And if all you can do is bit h and complain all I gotta say is gets life.

How do you know the 4th or 5th pick doesn't matter?

What is Tatum goes 4 and ends up a perennial all star? And we draft Monk or Fox or SmithJR and they're just average?

Better yet, what if we drop to 8? It matters.

You know what doesn't matter at all? Winning tonight. It meant nothing. Has more of a negative lasting impact than a positive one.