Sign in to follow this  
UEBERMORTAL

Magic at Wizards

Philly was on a definite upswing before Embiid got hurt. He was playing great and was easily ROTY. Which brings up the fact that this is his rookie season, so this is the only season we should take into consideration when talking about him. He was great. He had an unfortunate injury, but he was visibly turning things around for the franchise in just half a season of actual playing time.

So I guess the jury is still out on Fran Vasquez...

We absolutely should have picked payton over skiles. To suggest otherwise is just *****ing stupid.

Yea because Payton has been so blazing good this season! He's definitely a cornerstone for this franchise for years to come. He's so good that he's willing to come off the bench too. What a trooper. I can definitely see why hanging on to Payton was such a good move over any "winning" that Skiles was getting out of this roster.

You're using the Magic as an example when the magic didn't even do what I'm suggesting.

we tanked 12-13 and picked oladipo.

we tanked 13-14 and picked Gordon and payton and declared mission accomplished, we have enough young talent. now lets sign Frye, Willie Green, and Ben Gordon and Luke Ridnour and play them enough to choke the minutes away from Harkless and the lesser young bench. and the vets do just enough to push us out of towns/Russell/porzingis.

Had we actually committed to the tank instead of half assing it we might not be in the position we are today.

Another hallmark excuse. We half assed the tank! 20, 23, 25 wins was too much! Never mind you still have only a 25% chance of landing the #1 pick if you have the worst record. I guess it's impossible for you to consider that even if we did have the worst record there's still a better chance than not that we don't get the highest pick. After all probability and stats say otherwise, right???

Yea because Payton has been so blazing good this season! He's definitely a cornerstone for this franchise for years to come. He's so good that he's willing to come off the bench too. What a trooper. I can definitely see why hanging on to Payton was such a good move over any "winning" that Skiles was getting out of this roster.

Yup we should've gone with the ill tempered coach who hasn't had a gig in a good minute. Who bypassed the GM and instead went to his ol buddy Alex (probably because Skiles needed the money) for a gig that clearly was a development job and after signing a million dollar deal literally less than half of the season into his first year of said development job, he vocally threatened to quit to his asstant coaches and after getting HIS boys in a trade, winds up quitting anyways and walks away with millions.

Skiles couldn't figure out how to get Vucevic to defend a pick and roll. Trading Skiles for Vogel is a positive move.

So I was just looking back at the past drafts and for as many good PGs are in the league right now, Payton might be the best PG drafted since Lillard, who was drafted 5 years ago. (You could argue Schroder here, but Payton and Schroder are in the same general range).

The league really needs this group of PGs that are coming in this draft to get a new influx of young talent at the position. Almost all of the good to great PGs in the league are currently in their prime. Only Kyrie Irving is under 25 of that group.

Edit: Can probably throw Russel into that Payton/ Schroder group too.

Skiles couldn't figure out how to get Vucevic to defend a pick and roll. Trading Skiles for Vogel is a positive move.

You just called me f***ing stupid for taking Skiles over Payton. Why are you now shifting to Vogel and Vucevic? Has Payton proven to be the cornerstone player for this franchise? Is he so much better under Vogel, and if so how? Why don't the wins support this?

You just called me f***ing stupid for taking Skiles over Payton. Why are you now shifting to Vogel and Vucevic? Has Payton proven to be the cornerstone player for this franchise? Is he so much better under Vogel, and if so how? Why don't the wins support this?

IM SAYING SKILES WASN'T A GOOD COACH SO IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO KEEP A BAD COACH OVER A GUY 1.5 YEARS INTO HIS CAREER. YOU TAKE THE LOTTO PICK EVERY SINGLE TIME UNLESS YOU HAVE SOME GREAT COACH. I DONT CARE IF THE PLAYER IS ANTHONY BENNETT.

yea and there goes all your credibility. You'd rather have Anthony Bennett a bust of a player over a good coach, who by the way was WINNING with the pathetic talent we had last season. That sends such a great message to the team and the fans, doesn't it.

yea and there goes all your credibility. You'd rather have Anthony Bennett a bust of a player over a good coach, who by the way was WINNING with the pathetic talent we had last season. That sends such a great message to the team and the fans, doesn't it.

where's your credibility? 35 wins isn't winning. winning 16 of your final 49 games isn't winning. Losing by 18 to Phoenix at home isn't winning. Losing by 37 to Portland isn't winning.

If that's the benchmark for you no wonder you're saying the things you're saying. you have no perspective.

He QUIT! You rather keep a coach who didn't want to be kept. He gave zero *****s about the team and the fans. He collected his money and hauled ass and you want to talk about message sending?

The hell is wrong with you?