Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic @ Dallas

His defense is elite , you don't need to score double digits to have an impact . I saw the guy shutting PG , Lebron and Millsap down , he also is 21 and his 3 point shot has improved.

How do you define elite? His defensive rating is tied for 295th in the league right now. His defensive box plus minus is tied for 176th. His defensive win shares is tied for 131st. Before you or someone else try to pull some weak straw man line, I don't think he's that low down the list, but an elite defender won't be anywhere near this bad-even on a terrible team. His three point shooting is stagnant (at a near-putrid level) at best as well. He is completely overrated by our fanbase. He should be on the table in any trade negotiation. It would be stupid to not sell high (as possible) on him.

• Upvote 1

We didn't get whipped in the Dipo deal. We just did it at the wrong time. Ibaka is better player in that deal.

Again, majoring in the minors. Without a star player drafted, none of the alternatives makes a difference.

Yes we did. Ibaka WAS the better player, Oladipo is and more importantly will be though. That's not even considering the additional first rounder we gave up. I also disagree on your second point, but that is subjective both ways so there's no argument to be made.

• Upvote 1

We gave up Dipo and Sabonis for 60 games of Ibaka.

IN HENNY I TRUST

I liked Dipo but we weren't progressing with him. Sabonis? Really? Dude is a potential 2nd rounder in this up coming draft.

Still, Henny got the better player and he's still here currently.

Yes we did. Ibaka WAS the better player, Oladipo is and more importantly will be though. That's not even considering the additional first rounder we gave up. I also disagree on your second point, but that is subjective both ways so there's no argument to be made.

How is Dipo better?

How is Dipo better?

In a myriad of ways that don't matter, since the point was that he will be better as time goes on as well (longevity). But, for the sake of conversation, I'll leave this here and let you ponder when the last time Serge did something like this to our boy Dwight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAN2LGcy7ZQ

Wow...looking at the box score not one player had a game to be proud of. I cant find anyone who had a decent statistical game. How many games are left in the season?

Biyombo was a beast

How do you define elite? His defensive rating is tied for 295th in the league right now. His defensive box plus minus is tied for 176th. His defensive win shares is tied for 131st. Before you or someone else try to pull some weak straw man line, I don't think he's that low down the list, but an elite defender won't be anywhere near this bad-even on a terrible team. His three point shooting is stagnant (at a near-putrid level) at best as well. He is completely overrated by our fanbase. He should be on the table in any trade negotiation. It would be stupid to not sell high (as possible) on him.

Thank you, at least I'm not completely by myself with that take. Not sure why anyone thinks he's untouchable.

Yep.

I liked Dipo but we weren't progressing with him.

Actually, we were. We went from 25 to 35 wins his last season with us, only the 5th time we EVER improved by 10 games season over season. 3rd season in a row our win total went up. But alas, the progress we've made this year was much more tangible, which justifies jettisoning perhaps the most athletic and exciting SG we've had since TMAC and a lotto pick for less than one season of Ibaka.

In a myriad of ways that don't matter, since the point was that he will be better as time goes on as well (longevity). But, for the sake of conversation, I'll leave this here and let you ponder when the last time Serge did something like this to our boy Dwight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAN2LGcy7ZQ

As time goes on? So you're guessing he will be not he is currently? Gotcha.

I mean I can find a lot on Ibaka.

Actually, we were. We went from 25 to 35 wins his last season with us, only the 5th time we EVER improved by 10 games season over season. 3rd season in a row our win total went up. But alas, the progress we've made this year was much more tangible, which justifies jettisoning perhaps the most athletic and exciting SG we've had since TMAC and a lotto pick for less than one season of Ibaka.

Good point but how much more progress would we have made this year with him and Sabonis?

IRight now, we could be on pace to get a reallly good player in the draft (possibly one better than Dipo)or we have Dipo and a treadmill team. I'm not a big fan of losing but I like that we have a direction instead of purgatory.

As time goes on? So you're guessing he will be not he is currently? Gotcha.

I mean I can find a lot on Ibaka.

That was FOUR years ago man, you're just proving my point! I'm not exactly sure what your comment above means though...maybe I'm too tired to properly comprehend what you're saying.