Sign in to follow this  
Air Gordon

Hawks @ Magic

I don't get why the NBA allows the refs to take a replay look at if a shot was a 2 or a 3 at the next dead ball but they don't let the same happen for goaltending

The female ref in particular almost ruined the game singlehandedly. I know the NBA wants some women refs but they need to be competent.

This! I don't give a damn about gender, as long as they can do the job. This woman in particular has been making the league look bad for a couple years! Incompetent refs that take a game personally and act on it make the NBA seem like they have a bias toward certain teams. She's like the new Joey Crawford.

Now, I'm not too nieve to know that there is obvious certain bias toward players and teams, but I refuse to believe the league gives a shiitake mushroom who wins an Orlando vs Atlanta regular season game.

AG is really starting to show his potential.

That lady ref is the worst in the league.

Biz should never be passed to on offense.

The officiating made that game last night the hardest game to watch this season. As you've all been mentioning, the female ref was absolutely unacceptably awful.

I put a great deal of blame for the loss on Vogel. A better coach would have gone ballistic and gotten T'd up in the first half to send a message. He got upset, but not to the point he needed to. Honestly, I would have been okay with him calling her out to the point of getting ejected when the horrible calls continued into the second half. Something needed to be done.

Along with that, the fact that he stubbornly kept AG out of the game in the 4th quarter (as has also been noted) even further makes my point that the loss was on Vogel. AG showed a fire last night that I absolutely loved. I'm sure the officiating played a part in it, but I saw him really light up when he had that bad turnover on a semi-break in the 3rd I believe. He made a nice spin move in the open court, but then tried to do too much on a pass in the lane and turned it over. He then tracked down Bazemore? and got made an unbelievable play to block his shot, which was questionably called GT. After that you could see his energy and intensity jump off the charts.

Then he sits for more than half the 4th Q. WTF Vogel?

In summary- We played 5 on 8 last night. But Vogels failure to appropriately handle the horrible officiating and stubbornness with failing lineups puts the loss largely on him. This was a tough one to handle as a fan.

The officiating made that game last night the hardest game to watch this season. As you've all been mentioning, the female ref was absolutely unacceptably awful.

I put a great deal of blame for the loss on Vogel. A better coach would have gone ballistic and gotten T'd up in the first half to send a message. He got upset, but not to the point he needed to. Honestly, I would have been okay with him calling her out to the point of getting ejected when the horrible calls continued into the second half. Something needed to be done.

Along with that, the fact that he stubbornly kept AG out of the game in the 4th quarter (as has also been noted) even further makes my point that the loss was on Vogel. AG showed a fire last night that I absolutely loved. I'm sure the officiating played a part in it, but I saw him really light up when he had that bad turnover on a semi-break in the 3rd I believe. He made a nice spin move in the open court, but then tried to do too much on a pass in the lane and turned it over. He then tracked down Bazemore? and got made an unbelievable play to block his shot, which was questionably called GT. After that you could see his energy and intensity jump off the charts.

Then he sits for more than half the 4th Q. WTF Vogel?

In summary- We played 5 on 8 last night. But Vogels failure to appropriately handle the horrible officiating and stubbornness with failing lineups puts the loss largely on him. This was a tough one to handle as a fan.

AG stayed after and was working on shots too.

I think we're seeing AG grow as a player right before our eyes.

He's the only one I feel we should not trade. Mario is there because I think he has some serious talent.

Fire Vogel

I know you're joking and I'm not at all saying he should be fired. But there are some glaring issues with him that keep showing up. It's early on in his time with us and it'll take time to build a roster around his system and allow him to instill it. But there's still no excuse for his rotations at times.

And I really just wanted him to flip out and get ejected last night, dammit!!!!

Vogel also should have gone to hack-a-Dwight when we were down 10 with about 4:30 left in the game. Atlanta was scoring at will at the time and he almost always place the perecntages