Soul Bro

Is It Time for Rob to Go?

Is It Time for Rob to Go?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Is It Time for Rob to Go?

• Yes, I no longer have confidence in him as the Magic GM
    • No, I still have confidence in him as the Magic GM
    • Unsure

No we should not keep a failed GM, this is a business people not your family restaurant where everyone grows up with one another and has holiday dinners.

The Magic are losing money every year it squanders away with not have a good product on the floor. You keep the leadership the product won't change, it's that simple. And with 30+ other products out there competing we don't have time to stay the course.

Check your emotions at the door.

You're one of the most emotional posters here man.

No we should not keep a failed GM, this is a business people not your family restaurant where everyone grows up with one another and has holiday dinners.

The Magic are losing money every year it squanders away with not have a good product on the floor. You keep the leadership the product won't change, it's that simple. And with 30+ other products out there competing we don't have time to stay the course.

Check your emotions at the door.

They've actually made money the last 5 years. And our attendance this year is good for 15th in the league.

I don't see why we should expect that to be permanent. People adapt when they find things that don't work. And it probably doesn't help that we signed a bunch of players for Vaughn then we signed a bunch of players for Skiles then we signed a bunch of players to run Vogel's offense when Vogel's offense doesn't work anymore.

So we have Vogel adapting now and I believe he can do that because he's a players coach and runs really good plays out of timeouts so you have to figure there's enough there for him to figure everything out.

With Rob I think he's really good at scouting and that's really half the battle. I'm pretty confident in him figuring out the balance of the team now that we're looking at basically building around Gordon instead of oladipo or payton or Gordon or harris who all don't really mesh so you have to just throw people together until you find something that works.

But this is a pointless discussion. Rob is going to be fired.

Exactly. Well said.

and our team structure wasn't supposed to make sense until last year. the mission from day 1 to right before last year was "just find some talent and we'll figure things out in the future".

Then this year we decided to actually build a team and the direction we went was a mistake.

You're one of the most emotional posters here man.

Yes I am but I also am able to drop it and look at from a different view. In this case money. And what's being lost.

Payton4thewin: I'm just going to start typing my responses in your comments. This year was the most profitable year for the franchise in over a decade and we've been more profitable over the last 5 years than the previous 5 years.

Damn it you can't hack the system P4W.... lol... good work around though.

They've actually made money the last 5 years. And our attendance this year is good for 15th in the league.

It's a tribute to our fans in that they understand how we're rebuilding," Martins said. "They've bought into it. But at the end of the day, there comes a time when you have to win in order to maintain loyalty, in order to continue to grow business, in order to sell your building out every night, which is one of the ultimate measures of success from a business standpoint. So our expectation is that we're reaching a point where we need to win and we need to be competing for a playoff spot."

It's a tribute to our fans in that they understand how we're rebuilding," Martins said. "They've bought into it. But at the end of the day, there comes a time when you have to win in order to maintain loyalty, in order to continue to grow business, in order to sell your building out every night, which is one of the ultimate measures of success from a business standpoint. So our expectation is that we're reaching a point where we need to win and we need to be competing for a playoff spot."

So?

Yes I am but I also am able to drop it and look at from a different view. In this case money. And what's being lost.

Payton4thewin: I'm just going to start typing my responses in your comments. This year was the most profitable year for the franchise in over a decade and we've been more profitable over the last 5 years than the previous 5 years.

Damn it you can't hack the system P4W.... lol... good work around though.

The money is there.

It's the w's and that one special talent that's lacking.

So?

Even Martins knows that winning puts money into the business and that without it, it definitely impacts the business and makes it hard to attract your fans and loyalty which comes with easy endorsements from bigger companies because of the bigger turn outs, and when it comes time to renew with the city; that it won't be pooped on by having a garbage team.