Is It Time for Rob to Go?

Is It Time for Rob to Go?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Is It Time for Rob to Go?

• Yes, I no longer have confidence in him as the Magic GM
    • No, I still have confidence in him as the Magic GM
    • Unsure

He kinda doesn't make sense on our team. He's like Vucevic's clone

Vuc can't hit 3s? More than 40% of Sabonis attempts are 3s and he's hitting at a great rate so far. He's very limited elsewhere. How is he a Vuc clone?

Vuc can't hit 3s? More than 40% of Sabonis attempts are 3s and he's hitting at a great rate so far. He's very limited elsewhere. How is he a Vuc clone?

Vuc is starting to hit threes.

But beyond that he's a really fluid offensive player that's terrible on defense and doesn't draw fouls. They were very similar in college. Sabonis is just used differently because okc has Adams and Kanter already.

But that's besides the point. So we draft sabonis which is fine because he's bpa at that point. Do we really think a Vucevic-sabonis front line would be effective?

I get that you're pissed off so you're just going to be disagreeable about everything but Sabonis. Really? When we traded him for a pf who is a better shooter and a better defender and when they played head to head ibaka dominated him so badly that he became unplayable?

That's the guy you're upset about?

I must add that Vuch's defense is much improved and has really done an good job committing to it.

Yeah. He's been surprisingly good. Might want to keep him

Ranked 13th currently in defensive rating at 99.8. If he gets that to 95-97 that would be an huge improvement and would solidify him as an defensive presence.

I don't mind keeping him if he keeps this up and attempts more threes. Like to see him get to the line more. However we need perimeter scoring badly so if we can obtain that without giving him up, fine by me.

According to Vogel atleast Vuc is playing very good d. I believe the major cause of this teams failures is not having a sf who can create and score. Green mostly but also Gordon. Rob has to make a move to save this team and his job

According to Vogel atleast Vuc is playing very good d. I believe the major cause of this teams failures is not having a sf who can create and score. Green mostly but also Gordon. Rob has to make a move to save this team and his job

Yeah but I think, this is just my opinion, you can get away with Gordon at the 3 if you have scoring elsewhere. For instance having a John Wall like PG or CJ McCollum in the backcourt. Maybe I'm wrong about this.

P4TW might be able to break it down better.

Yeah but I think, this is just my opinion, you can get away with Gordon at the 3 if you have scoring elsewhere. For instance having a John Wall like PG or CJ McCollum in the backcourt. Maybe I'm wrong about this.

P4TW might be able to break it down better.

Yeah. Sure.

Vuc is starting to hit threes.

But beyond that he's a really fluid offensive player that's terrible on defense and doesn't draw fouls. They were very similar in college. Sabonis is just used differently because okc has Adams and Kanter already.

But that's besides the point. So we draft sabonis which is fine because he's bpa at that point. Do we really think a Vucevic-sabonis front line would be effective?

I get that you're pissed off so you're just going to be disagreeable about everything but Sabonis. Really? When we traded him for a pf who is a better shooter and a better defender and when they played head to head ibaka dominated him so badly that he became unplayable?

That's the guy you're upset about?

Vuc is 2/6 from 3 for the season. What am I missing?

My point was someone did their HW regarding him and his three point shooting, and it wasn't Rob. Our draft picks haven't turned out as well as we thought and here an afterthought of the trade is performing well. This method of trading for a vet is not sustainable in the long run. And if things continue to go sour, will fans be OK with a max contract Ibaka? I'm not that excited about that future.

Domantas Sabonis is looking pretty good so far. I wonder if Sam Presti said "hey draft this guy and we'll complete the trade" because someone did their homework on this guy. I saw a stat that was incredible: he made only 5 threes in 74 games at Gonzaga, but has already made 21 threes in 18 games. Imagine if we had a young guy who can shoot on this team.

Fire Rob.

I wonder if Rob drafted Sabonis for us or more likely Presti told Rob who to draft to complete the trade. For all we know Rob would have drafted a head scratcher

I wonder if Rob drafted Sabonis for us or more likely Presti told Rob who to draft to complete the trade. For all we know Rob would have drafted a head scratcher

I mean, what would be a head scratcher? Everyone from 4 to 45 are pretty much playing the same with the exception of Murray and it took him a while to get going. The guys projected to us and the picks immediately around us went 17, 18, 19, 22, 24, 28, 31 and 45.

I understand we didn't catch any lucky breaks with the lottery but Rob's decisions have just worsened our problems. We need a fresh start for sure. The issue then becomes, would the new GM stick with Vogel or does he want to bring in his own guy?