Sign in to follow this  
JJZFL

GAMETHREAD: JAZZ @ MAGIC

Shooters like him need rhythm? He was drafted for his shooting. He's a lottery pick, the dude plays like a walk on.

Right and he was getting more PT than he was here.

Have you ever played basketball before?

Our most successful lineups have been playing during garbage time against the other teams third stringers, and in a situation where neither team cares. Any statistics you gather from that are worse than meaningless.

Not from last year. That's completely false.

Our best lineup is still Augustin- Watson- Hezonja- green- biyombo

That lineup was mostly run in q2 and q4 against Washington, Sacramento, and q4 Philly.

Right and he was getting more PT than he was here.

Have you ever played basketball before?

Yes. I will agree with you that PT helps a player mentally and physically, but when I was playing, if I was not producing up to my capabilities, I was benched. Bottom line right now is this entire team is in a total funk, and I believe that everyone on here has a right to their opinion as to how to fix it. Our current coach is the closest thing we've had here to be a respected and qualified coach since SVG. I value his opinion and ability to fix this mess more so than anybody on this forum. Unfortunately it looks like our GM is wanting him to turn s*** into shinola.

Our best lineup is still Augustin- Watson- Hezonja- green- biyombo

That lineup was mostly run in q2 and q4 against Washington, Sacramento, and q4 Philly.

The tall-ball experiment in Orlando is not exactly going according to plan, as the team have stumbled out of the gates at 3-5, and at times, have looked like the worst team in the league. Not surprisingly, the twin tower combo of Serge Ibaka and Nik Vucevic have yielded a negative Net Rating of -2.9, while the Ibaka and Bismack Biyombo duo is currently at (gasp) -43.4.

Alternatively, the team has predictably performed at their best in a four-out, one-in alignment with either Aaron Gordon or Jeff Green serving as the small-ball 4.

http://hoopshabit.co...nding-back-big/

Ehh, Ibaka is 9-21 and Mario is 5-26. A few good shooting games and that number can go back to where Mario finished at last year in no time.

I don't foresee him finishing at 19% unless he is bench for the season or his time dwindles to nill. He has to be able to get into some sort of rhythm.

I don't think he's a 19% three point shooter either, but it's hard to argue for more PT for a guy whose main role is to be a shooter and who currently can't shoot.

Yes. I will agree with you that PT helps a player mentally and physically, but when I was playing, if I was not producing up to my capabilities, I was benched. Bottom line right now is this entire team is in a total funk, and I believe that everyone on here has a right to their opinion as to how to fix it. Our current coach is the closest thing we've had here to be a respected and qualified coach since SVG. I value his opinion and ability to fix this mess more so than anybody on this forum. Unfortunately it looks like our GM is wanting him to turn s*** into shinola.

That's the thing, when he starts producing, he's pulled even then.

Last year he would have an great game, and another, next game he'd get nothing or very little.

Just in the last 3 games he has played well specifically Washington but then gets an DNP because they need to recalibrate things.

Who cares about last years line-ups? Team is mostly different.

It's this year too. Look at P4TW's post. Almost every lineup that has the most success has Hezonja in it.

I don't think he's a 19% three point shooter either, but it's hard to argue for more PT for a guy whose main role is to be a shooter and who currently can't shoot.

When you are in our position we have been, rebuilding, high draft picks, you gotta play through it. Yes it's tough and ugly but that's what you go through in those times.

It's hard to sit here and agree with an philosophy that can't give an high draft pick minutes after an good game but can give them to vets who's defense is worse on the team.

When you are in our position we have been, rebuilding, high draft picks, you gotta play through it. Yes it's tough and ugly but that's what you go through in those times.

It's hard to sit here and agree with an philosophy that can't give an high draft pick minutes after an good game but can give them to vets who's defense is worse on the team.

Actually after his good game against Washington Hezonja got 21 minutes in the very next game against Chicago, had a +/- of -27 and was 4/13, 1-6 from three point range. Next game against Minnesota he got 14 minutes and did very little, 1-4 from 3 point range. He got benched after those two games, and was actually given more playing time than his season average in the game after his good Washington outing. So your characterization above is just wrong.