Sign in to follow this  
JJZFL

GAMETHREAD: JAZZ @ MAGIC

I know, right. A fan who expects the players to actually play like professionals. What will they want next??

A fan who expects an player to hit every wide open shot?

That's the drunk idiot at the games who complains obnoxiously about everything.

You think people expect Mario to make every single open shot? And that Vogel moved him to the bench because he misses an occasional shot??

You think people expect Mario to make every single open shot? And that Vogel moved him to the bench because he misses an occasional shot??

Yet Ibaka, worse defensive player on the team currently and offense is not much better and yet, there he is still starting g and working with Forcier.

The should be the same for Mario.

I'm not drunk dude. What I'm trying to get across to you is this dude was drafted for his shooting ability, but most of us expected him to be able to dribble and take care of the ball like a professional basketball player. If not, then he sure as hell better be a marksman from the court, which he's not. Your rose colored glasses are preventing you to see what the rest of us see.

I'm not drunk dude. What I'm trying to get across to you is this dude was drafted for his shooting ability, but most of us expected him to be able to dribble and take care of the ball like a professional basketball player. If not, then he sure as hell better be a marksman from the court, which he's not. Your rose colored glasses are preventing you to see what the rest of us see.

Nah I just don't expect an player like him to come right in and go 3-3 and then get pulled for some minor infraction then miss two games then play again and go for 5-6 or even 4-7 in an short amount of time while standing at the 3 PT line.

Shooters like him need rhythm. You can't give rhythm scorers/shooters inconsistent PT and roles and demand consistency.

Anyone who does expect as such is ignorant to the game.

I don't think he's that good now I just think he can be.

Here's another thing about Mario, if you look at our most successful lineups last year, he was in almost all of them. This year, despite small sample size, I believe it's true as well.

Yet Ibaka, worse defensive player on the team currently and offense is not much better and yet, there he is still starting g and working with Forcier.

The should be the same for Mario.

Offense is not much better? Ibaka is shooting 43% from 3 point range. Mario percentage? 19%.

Nah I just don't expect an player like him to come right in and go 3-3 and then get pulled for some minor infraction then miss two games then play again and go for 5-6 or even 4-7 in an short amount of time while standing at the 3 PT line.

Shooters like him need rhythm. You can't give rhythm scorers/shooters inconsistent PT and roles and demand consistency.

Anyone who does expect as such is ignorant to the game.

I don't think he's that good now I just think he can be.

Shooters like him need rhythm? He was drafted for his shooting. He's a lottery pick, the dude plays like a walk on.

This.

Our most successful lineups have been playing during garbage time against the other teams third stringers, and in a situation where neither team cares. Any statistics you gather from that are worse than meaningless.

Offense is not much better? Ibaka is shooting 43% from 3 point range. Mario percentage? 19%.

Ehh, Ibaka is 9-21 and Mario is 5-26. A few good shooting games and that number can go back to where Mario finished at last year in no time.

I don't foresee him finishing at 19% unless he is bench for the season or his time dwindles to nill. He has to be able to get into some sort of rhythm.