Sign in to follow this  
JJZFL

GAMETHREAD: JAZZ @ MAGIC

Haven't made the playoffs not doing it. Not on the road to it currently. Definitely would give us an better indication on what they could collectively do.

You can always reassess as we close to the deadline.

We purposely added some veterans to the team this past summer because the perception was that playing only youth wasn't working very well. It gave us terrible records these past few years. You are now proposing we keep doing what we've been doing the past 4 years that hasn't gotten us very far. The goal was for the rebuild to start showing some positive results by using some of the young players we developed to get established veterans who can help us win.

Is it working right now? No. Are we going to decide after 9 games to forget the whole idea and start tanking again? Of course not. Vogel's job right now is to put out the team with the best chance of winning.

We purposely added some veterans to the team this past summer because the perception was that playing only youth wasn't working very well. It gave us terrible records these past few years. You are now proposing we keep doing what we've been doing the past 4 years that hasn't gotten us very far. The goal was for the rebuild to start showing some positive results by using some of the young players we developed to get established veterans who can help us win.

Is it working right now? No. Are we going to decide after 9 games to forget the whole idea and start tanking again? Of course not. Vogel's job right now is to put out the team with the best chance of winning.

Well technically we didn't. AG had an very minimal role in his rookie year and also battled injuries. Mario wasn't even here then.

We then traded Harris for vets. Didn't make the playoffs. I don't ever remembering EP/Dipo/Mario/AG playing very much together either. The lineup was changing a lot. AG did finally see time after the trade but Mario was getting inconsistent PT. Dipo despite being our best perimeter defender got bench because well Payton.

This summer we traded Dipo for again, a vet, and so far we again, have seen inconsistent PT for Mario, never seen all 3 together, and we are one of the worse teams in the league currently.

There's actually a trend over the last two years. Get raped in trades, watch the other team do better in those trades, inconsistent PT for our high draft picks collectively, and we continue fly upside down wondering which way is up.

But hey, at least we got vets right?

This is terrible. We're not even a month into the season and we're having this conversation. We're supposed to be talking about how Hezonja is playing with more confidence and Payton not taking plays off. We're 3-6 and play the Thunder, Pacers, and Pels next. Jrue Holiday is expected to come back on that day and we might lose that one too. Nightmare start.

Well technically we didn't. AG had an very minimal role in his rookie year and also battled injuries. Mario wasn't even here then.

We then traded Harris for vets. Didn't make the playoffs. I don't ever remembering EP/Dipo/Mario/AG playing very much together either. The lineup was changing a lot. AG did finally see time after the trade but Mario was getting inconsistent PT. Dipo despite being our best perimeter defender got bench because well Payton.

This summer we traded Dipo for again, a vet, and so far we again, have seen inconsistent PT for Mario, never seen all 3 together, and we are one of the worse teams in the league currently.

There's actually a trend over the last two years. Get raped in trades, watch the other team do better in those trades, inconsistent PT for our high draft picks collectively, and we continue fly upside down wondering which way is up.

But hey, at least we got vets right?

AG and Hezonja might not have had huge roles, but we were playing almost exclusively young players. The impression was that playing only young players wasn't going to get us where we need to go. Your argument that we should just try other combinations of unproven young players is not convincing.

AG and Hezonja might not have had huge roles, but we were playing almost exclusively young players. The impression was that playing only young players wasn't going to get us where we need to go. Your argument that we should just try other combinations of unproven young players is not convincing.

Because our current trend which has been carried over from last year is convincing?

Give AG and Mario bigger roles. It's what you do when you have no star and drafted as high as Henny did.

I can't take this any longer. I was all in for Mario when we drafted him, but there was always one thing that made me apprehensive. He was not getting major minutes in the league he was playing in the last season and word was it was because he was going to leave them for the NBA, but his performance was not as impressive when he did play as his reputation was. He sucked last year, and he sucks this year. He's young, and hopefully he proves me wrong, but I have been watching NBA basketball since the 1960's and so far the kid looks like a bust. Prove me wrong Mario. If you can't dribble the friggin ball, you better be able to hit every open shot you get or get used to riding the pine.

• Upvote 1

I can't take this any longer. I was all in for Mario when we drafted him, but there was always one thing that made me apprehensive. He was not getting major minutes in the league he was playing in the last season and word was it was because he was going to leave them for the NBA, but his performance was not as impressive when he did play as his reputation was. He sucked last year, and he sucks this year. He's young, and hopefully he proves me wrong, but I have been watching NBA basketball since the 1960's and so far the kid looks like a bust. Prove me wrong Mario. If you can't dribble the friggin ball, you better be able to hit every open shot you get or get used to riding the pine.

Damn your one of those fans?

No wonder this team is an chit storm.

I want Mario to succeed, but I've not been impressed, either. For a guy who's been playing pro ball for years, he looks underdeveloped and lost too often. That said, I still think he needs playing time, preferably as our backup SF.

Damn your one of those fans?

No wonder this team is an chit storm.

I know, right. A fan who expects the players to actually play like professionals. What will they want next??

I want Mario to succeed, but I've not been impressed, either. For a guy who's been playing pro ball for years, he looks underdeveloped and lost too often. That said, I still think he needs playing time, preferably as our backup SF.

There's times I've been impressed. Last year when he ran the point forward for an handful of games. He did some good things in that role. There were other games last year where he just looked like someone who can take over games.

This year not so much but it's early and he spent most of the summer in Croatia instead of being here working on things.

Game against Washington was good. His defense has noticeably improved.

I believe giving up on him would be an huge mistake.