Sign in to follow this  
JJZFL

GAMETHREAD: JAZZ @ MAGIC

Mudiay is a fair comparison but he also dropped 21 points in a quarter which is that flash of potential we're still looking for with Hezonja. Johnson I'm not sure can be categorized in the same draft range as Hezonja.

You mean the same Mudiay who has started since being drafted despite poor performances?

Mario showing improvements...I don't see it that way. He's not getting worse which is good but I feel you have to really dig deep for any kind of improvement.

Check the last 3 games. Check his defensive ratings.

It's not an personal opinion and if it's 3 games, wouldn't it be worth giving him another 3? I mean we are giving Ibaka how many despite stats saying he's declining.

Your first sentence sums up my argument.

You can't win and develop at the same time. It's half assing both trying to do so.

I would also say Favors could not guard AG out on the perimeter.

The difference being that Favors doesn't need to guard AG on the perimeter.

I agree we can't win and develop AG/Mario at the same time. AG has had plenty of pt to develop since he got here, Mario hasn't had much of a chance.

The difference being that Favors doesn't need to guard AG on the perimeter.

I agree we can't win and develop AG/Mario at the same time. AG has had plenty of pt to develop since he got here, Mario hasn't had much of a chance.

Yeah but see after being molded to be an PF last year now we're molding him to be Paul George. You think that kind of development is consistent and is going to take 7-8 games? That's like molding one to be an taxi driver and then molding the same person to be an commercial pilot.

Now he's coming off the bench lol. We have no clue what we're doing.

You mean the same Mudiay who has started since being drafted despite poor performances?

Why can't you criticize Hezonja the same way? Or hold him to the same standard? Yes Mudiay has had poor performances but he's shown something! Like you'd expect from a talented rookie he showed flashes of potential. He had 10 games of 20+ points. Hezonja only had one! ONE for a guy dubbed as a scorer and shooter. Yes mudiay turns the ball over but so does Hezonja and he does it without the points and rebounds and assists. Mudiay at this point in time is looking much better than Hezonja.

If that's seriously your argument then apply that same standard to Hezonja and he can't even beat up other teams' 2nd units. Goodness!

Why can't you criticize Hezonja the same way? Or hold him to the same standard? Yes Mudiay has had poor performances but he's shown something! Like you'd expect from a talented rookie he showed flashes of potential. He had 10 games of 20+ points. Hezonja only had one! ONE for a guy dubbed as a scorer and shooter. Yes mudiay turns the ball over but so does Hezonja and he does it without the points and rebounds and assists. Mudiay at this point in time is looking much better than Hezonja.

I can criticize him. He needs to learn to keep the ball low when dribbling. He needs to cut more. He needs more freaking PT because shooting for an guy like him is usually affected by rhythm and one can't get into an rhythm with inconsistent PT.

You never answered this btw. Did you know before the season started Mario was told to change his shooting f technique? Would you think that would contribute to performance or stats?

Yeah but see after being molded to be an PF last year now we're molding him to be Paul George. You think that kind of development is consistent and is going to take 7-8 games? That's like molding one to be an taxi driver and then molding the same person to be an commercial pilot.

Now he's coming off the bench lol. We have no clue what we're doing.

I can't disagree, we don't seem to know what we are doing overall. However, I think many board members are having a hard time coming to grips with what Aaron Gordon actually is. Discussing him as a 3 or 4 given the way he's being utilized is just semantics. He is a role player, not a cornerstone/focal point/answer. He isn't big enough to effectively guard 4's/down low on a regular basis, thus we need another low post presence to balance where he can't contribute consistently. That doesn't mean we are trying to mold him to be Paul George, it means his skill set-which is largely athleticism-is best suited to guarding smaller players. Hence, small forward. His offense will likely never be a strength, nor his ball handling. The best thing he can do at this point is to make smart decisions when he has the ball (specifically passing) and become a knock down spot up 3 point shooter so that way he can use his speed to split the lanes.

I can't disagree, we don't seem to know what we are doing overall. However, I think many board members are having a hard time coming to grips with what Aaron Gordon actually is. Discussing him as a 3 or 4 given the way he's being utilized is just semantics. He is a role player, not a cornerstone/focal point/answer. He isn't big enough to effectively guard 4's/down low on a regular basis, thus we need another low post presence to balance where he can't contribute consistently. That doesn't mean we are trying to mold him to be Paul George, it means his skill set-which is largely athleticism-is best suited to guarding smaller players. Hence, small forward. His offense will likely never be a strength, nor his ball handling. The best thing he can do at this point is to make smart decisions when he has the ball (specifically passing) and become a knock down spot up 3 point shooter so that way he can use his speed to split the lanes.

The Paul George comment came from Vogel.

I like him to be molded like Marion. Can he defend an big like Favors? It's Ann difficult task but how many pfs are in the NBA with that old school big body like Oakley? I mean he is 6'9. He's not that small. He's also strong enough.

I like to see him spread the floor, grab an rebound and run and block shots and defend. Only advantage I see him as an SF is posting up smaller players.

I can criticize him. He needs to learn to keep the ball low when dribbling. He needs to cut more. He needs more freaking PT because shooting for an guy like him is usually affected by rhythm and one can't get into an rhythm with inconsistent PT.

You never answered this btw. Did you know before the season started Mario was told to change his shooting f technique? Would you think that would contribute to performance or stats?

He changed his shooting stroke...so what? what are you implying? That someone from within the org is deliberately sabotaging him? I have to assume Mario is an adult and probably had a say in this. Was he forced to do this? Was he crying when the team held his hands together for hours on end to get just the right shape to hold the ball? I'm going to guess that he willingly changed his shooting stroke to become a better shooter, right? I'm not going to confuse another excuse just because his new shooting stroke isn't working out the way he and the team intended it to. Btw I'd like to read this article surprised it's not posted anywhere here.

He changed his shooting stroke...so what? what are you implying? That someone from within the org is deliberately sabotaging him? I have to assume Mario is an adult and probably had a say in this. Was he forced to do this? Was he crying when the team held his hands together for hours on end to get just the right shape to hold the ball? I'm going to guess that he willingly changed his shooting stroke to become a better shooter, right? I'm not going to confuse another excuse just because his new shooting stroke isn't working out the way he and the team intended it to. Btw I'd like to read this article surprised it's not posted anywhere here.

Good God man.

We'll just end this.

Maybe someone else can explain.

Good God man.

We'll just end this.

Maybe someone else can explain.

Dude what's your point? OK he changed his shooting stroke to help his game. Is it working? So far I'm not seeing a difference.

Dude what's your point? OK he changed his shooting stroke to help his game. Is it working? So far I'm not seeing a difference.

Do you think after doing something the same way for so long repetitiously to end up changing it your going to be as efficient at it right out of the gate? Or do you think your going to have repetitiously learn the new way now?