Sign in to follow this  
jec

Gamethread: Magic @ Bulls 11/7/26

Payton needs knock down shooters around him to spread the floor which he doesn't. Trades need to be made. One way or another. Either we get a point guard who can shoot or better shooters around Payton. I see this as our fundamental flaw.

Payton needs knock down shooters around him to spread the floor which he doesn't. Trades need to be made. One way or another. Either we get a point guard who can shoot or better shooters around Payton. I see this as our fundamental flaw.

Yeah but you'd have to build the team like he's an JKidd clone. Two problems with that, he's not JKidd and we don't have the pieces.

I still say AG should watch tapes of Marion and switch back to the 4.

Yeah but you'd have to build the team like he's an JKidd clone. Two problems with that, he's not JKidd and we don't have the pieces.

I still say AG should watch tapes of Marion and switch back to the 4.

I agree with Gordon at 4. Then who do u trade?

I agree with Gordon at 4. Then who do u trade?

I'm curious to what we'd look like with Payton/Fournier/Mario or Green/AG/Vuc first.

I still think there's a lot of questions...Is Fournier as your starting sg ideal? Can Mario turn the corner and become the player we envisioned? Would Payton thrive with the lineup change?

Clearly some sort of change has to happen and the first move I'd make is move AG back to the 4, groom him in the Mario mold and bring Ibaka off the bench pending on matchups.

I would go with ibaka or biz in starting line up. We need biz's energy to start games so I would probably start him. I think moving Mario to a starting role may be the confidence boost he needs.

Yeah but Vuch has been one of our best players surprisingly.

Ibaka has been the worse and AG's defensive stats are down as well.

To me, move AG back to the 4, Ibaka off the bench and if you still see an offensive problem, make an move to acquire someone who can help in that department.

To me, move AG back to the 4, Ibaka off the bench and if you still see an offensive problem, make an move to acquire someone who can help in that department.

Vuc is good in the right match up. I would switch him with biz depending upon that.

vuc has been fine but there was this one play where rondo drove to the basket (and Payton ended up blocking it) where vucevic purposely gave up the baseline in order to defend someone at the free throw line. it was weird.

Its one of the reasons I think some portion of the issues might just be rotations.

Vuc is good in the right match up. I would switch him with biz depending upon that.

Vuc has been consistently good so far. His defense has improved and he's not an black hole on offense. I don't think that warrants his role to change.

Ibaka and the offense seems to be the main issues.

vuc has been fine but there was this one play where rondo drove to the basket (and Payton ended up blocking it) where vucevic purposely gave up the baseline in order to defend someone at the free throw line. it was weird.

Its one of the reasons I think some portion of the issues might just be rotations.

Yeah I saw that. Was weird.

However those plays were more frequent with Ibaka and many other defensive shortcomings on his part.

Yeah I saw that. Was weird.

However those plays were more frequent with Ibaka and many other defensive shortcomings on his part.

oh, yeah. no doubt.