Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

You're basing this off of not making a trade the day before the trade deadline?

I mean, sure. Filling in the roster with bad vets. Tobias trade. Regression in wins. I get it.

But this? It's like being against trump because he chose not to fill out a march madness bracket

The man has never made one move that escalates us. I understand the context of things like Tobias and Skiles but since his tenure, we've been stagnant or regressed. All our eggs are in the draft every year. A GM also has to be able to make deals and sign FA's. His last deal was for a player he winds up trading away 6 months later. A deal he should he would do again?

I question his ability to negotiate a deal. The draft is uber important but you also got to be able to pick up the phone, talk to other GM's and FA's and negotiate and win on a deal and I don't think Henny has the charisma, the experience, nor the capability to do that.

Deadline isn't here so he could still prove me wrong but I've always questioned his ability to do something besides drafting the Nicholsons and O'Quinns, the hidden gems.

@WojVerticalNBA

Sixers are finalizing a trade to Ersan Ilyasova to Atlanta for Tiago Splitter and two second-round picks, league sources tell @TheVertical.

It's ok. If we don't make trades, nothing good was available. The roster rearranged could lead to more wins. If not, then we draft a stud. Cousins would likely not have stayed with us.

There's some good out there and it's not just Cousins.

How sure are you that we get in a draft position to draft a stud? We had that chance in the Wiggins how'd that turn out?

Takes more to be an GM then just sucking and ping pongs.

There's some good out there and it's not just Cousins.

How sure are you that we get in a draft position to draft a stud? We had that chance in the Wiggins how'd that turn out?

Takes more to be an GM then just sucking and ping pongs.

You're arguing that there are hypothetical presumptive moves out there? Really?

I can see the headline now...

"Magic Fire Hennigan And Promote Brian Hill To GM."

I think Martin's has to go. If we do fire Henny, think you need clean house man.

You're arguing that there are hypothetical presumptive moves out there? Really?

Someone who worked in sales before, gotta think that way.

It's still early so I'm being premature but I also have questioned it and did say I don't feel confident he can pull a deal off and here we are.