Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

You were crazy, that would have been a terrible trade for us. Either one of our guys should return more than Mills and Green, to give them both is insanity. Our team isn't very good, and Gordon should not be immune in trades either. He is a tweener and easily replaceable currently.

I think Payton and Vuc are empty stats guys, and we've seen them play here for too long to hope for much better.

I respect your opinion, though. And as a Magic fan I have to keep rooting for these guys

I think Payton and Vuc are empty stats guys, and we've seen them play here for too long to hope for much better.

I respect your opinion, though. And as a Magic fan I have to keep rooting for these guys

I agree on Vucevic but respectfully disagree on Payton. I really think if Payton can get some sort of consistency of coaching and an offense to learn he could put it all together. Frank's work with Payton this year so far is one of his few bright spots in my opinion.

If he were the main part of a Jimmy Butler deal or something along those lines I could talk myself in to it. I mean, regardless of what we do, I've been a fan my whole life and I will continue to be because I don't know how not to. What would you deal him for?

Certainly Butler. I would trade him for a mid to high lotto pick, say top 9. I would trade him for any wing that can consistently create his own scoring opportunities and buy into a team defensive scheme. I would trade him for a defensively adept center.

I'm the same regarding the fandom part, though not my whole life seeing as how they've only been around since '89

That would also be cool. Move Payton to backup PG, re-sign Mills and Ibaka.

What is it about Mills that makes you this way exactly? I want some of it.

So, you want to bench a young solid pg for a career back up and resign an aging and declining PF despite not being in a position to win, sprinkle it with some 2017 David Lee and then do something with Danny Green-start him? You think this is a good idea?

Jeff Green is an empty stat guy. It's irresponsible to suggest that about other two.

One way player... maybe

Certainly Butler. I would trade him for a mid to high lotto pick, say top 9. I would trade him for any wing that can consistently create his own scoring opportunities and buy into a team defensive scheme. I would trade him for a defensively adept center.

I'm the same regarding the fandom part, though not my whole life seeing as how they've only been around since '89

Trading him for a mid lotto pick is just stupid. We go through this same **** every year. You don't trade established guys for lotto tickets unless you're getting game changers. None of the wings in this class have shown enough to give you a great feeling that they'll be definitive future all stars.

Gordon is an elite defender has shown flashes of greatness and is 21. Why would you trade him for someone like josh Jackson who is a pretty good college player who shows flashes of greatness against college players at 20?

Jeff Green is an empty stat guy. It's irresponsible to suggest that about other two.

One way player... maybe

I dunno. Vucevic might be an empty stats guy