Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

I just hope if they are looking at a veteran PG they don't pull the plug on Payton, keep developing him off the bench for another season or two, take the opportunity of having a senior, starting PG to take some of the pressure off.

Then you're assessment is based on feelings.

This season, is the first season Henny has dedicated to winning mixed with development without managements nepotism. Not the last two years.

Every opinion you have ultimately stems from feelings.

Just the opposite. There's not a single reputable writer that would say Henny has done a good job this year or last managing the roster.

I think Payton4thewin made a great post earlier in this thread about what seems to have been Henny's approach to building this team. He drafted or signed players with specific skill sets (or pure athleticism) instead of looking for well rounded guys. We not only have an imbalanced roster, we have imbalanced players. And he cashed in several young assets too soon in their development and our development. Thus, we only have one prized young asset (Gordon) right now instead of several.

The bottom line is this team is near the bottom of the barrel and doesn't have an easy way up.

Just the opposite. There's not a single reputable writer that would say Henny has done a good job this year or last managing the roster.

I think Payton4thewin made a great post earlier in this thread about what seems to have been Henny's approach to building this team. He drafted or signed players with specific skill sets (or pure athleticism) instead of looking for well rounded guys. We not only have an imbalanced roster, we have imbalanced players. And he cashed in several young assets too soon in their development and our development. Thus, we only have one prized young asset (Gordon) right now instead of several.

The bottom line is this team is near the bottom of the barrel and doesn't have an easy way up.

The bottom line is our drafted players are in the process of being developed and you nor I know what they're going be like in a few years when they've STILL haven't hit their primes.

Btw, same writers who called Hinkie an idiot and now are praising the talent they have? Take their opinions with a grain of salt.

The bottom line is our drafted players are in the process of being developed and you nor I know what they're going be like in a few years when they've STILL haven't hit their primes.

This is where we philosophically agree, which is why I really wish we hadn't traded Harris, Dipo or even Sabonis. Henny even found diamonds in the rough in Harkless, O'Quinn and Dedmon, though they're no longer here, either. Henny, forced or not, changed course last year and dumped good, young assets to try to win now. Unfortunately, I only see one (Gordon), maybe two (Gordon and Hezonja), drafted guys that are still being developed or have nice ceilings.

This is where we philosophically agree, which is why I really wish we hadn't traded Harris, Dipo or even Sabonis. Henny even found diamonds in the rough in Harkless, O'Quinn and Dedmon, though they're no longer here, either. Henny, forced or not, changed course last year and dumped good, young assets to try to win now. Unfortunately, I only see one (Gordon), maybe two (Gordon and Hezonja), drafted guys that are still being developed or have nice ceilings.

That's the thing, if they reach close to their ceilings, we're in a good spot.

I just hate a revolving door which is what we would become if we fire Henny. I also believe the Skiles fiasco was more on upper management than Henny and with Cleveland sneaking into the number 1 pick and Phil taking Porzingis, there's just not enough for me to say fire him right now.

That's the thing, if they reach close to their ceilings, we're in a good spot.

I just hate a revolving door which is what we would become if we fire Henny. I also believe the Skiles fiasco was more on upper management than Henny and with Cleveland sneaking into the number 1 pick and Phil taking Porzingis, there's just not enough for me to say fire him right now.

I don't mind the revolving door as much as i see "new GM Shaquille O'Neal" on the horizon like a tsunami and it gives me panic attacks

I don't mind the revolving door as much as i see "new GM Shaquille O'Neal" on the horizon like a tsunami and it gives me panic attacks

Oh yeah that too. I was thinking about that the other day. I can totally see nepotism rearing its ugly ass head if we fire Henny.

The list of possibilities is frighteningly huge.

Never thought of that lol

but I could see it happening

and that's sad