Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

Not interested in Dragic. I don't really think he would add much more than one or two extra wins, especially with the season half over.

Exactly. We should have done that much sooner. Making a trade like that right now at this point in the season is a waste.

The Miami board is delusional. I went there a while ago and one guy said they weren't tanking (LOL), that they wanted two firsts for Dragic, and that Dragic isn't an albatross contract.

Dragic IS a bad contract, especially for his age, but it's a move I could see happening if it was for Jeff Green and the Lakers pick. But Heat fans are kidding themselves if they think they'll get anything of value for him

--

Dragic by himself wouldn't help us win a lot more games, but add Millsap to that and maybe we have something going.

I'm looking through the lenses of progress not results. Results can be negative or positive based on goals.

So you believe the best predictor for future performance is past behavior. If past behavior was focused intentionally on losing doesn't that mean he was actually successful?

Answer me this because this continuously gets left out in the fire Henny debates. Do you without a doubt believe Skiles was 100% Henny's guy?

You ignored the end of what I said: "I believe the best predictor for future performance is past behavior, even considering trends and growth. In Henny's case, I believe his last two years have been his worst." Thus, to answer the broader question you're asking, no, I don't believe Henny has made progress over the last two years with our roster. And honestly, I could care less about the Skiles fiasco.

Not interested in Dragic. I don't really think he would add much more than one or two extra wins, especially with the season half over.

hard to say. I think there's probably 5 games that we would have won had we received reasonable production from payton. So in a hypothetical scenario where we replace payton with Dragic I think we're probably 21-19.

But in a trade you'd think we'd probably have to give up something of value too. so we'd lose wins there.

But, hypothetically if we could land Dragic without giving up anything substantial and could run out a dragic-fournier-gordon-ibaka-vucevic payton-meeks-hezonja-biyombo rotation I think theres a shot that team makes a playoff run in the second half.

But, why would Miami just gift us Dragic?

Dragic hasn't finished a full season in a while.... his most playing time was back in 2012-2013 with the Suns.

Not sure if we want to take that chance if we are serious about playoffs.

If we are not serious, then he is a great pick and we should start hoping the lottery is nice to us

By the way I love all the crazy ideas. But sometimes the best move is not to make one. Rob is not in this boat obviously, because if he strikes out this year in terms of playoffs he is done. Stick a fork in him.

There are not a lot of teams out there that wants what we have, which at this point is Gordon... he is the only player that could net something. Everyone else we would have to over deal to get a piece we want.

You ignored the end of what I said: "I believe the best predictor for future performance is past behavior, even considering trends and growth. In Henny's case, I believe his last two years have been his worst." Thus, to answer the broader question you're asking, no, I don't believe Henny has made progress over the last two years with our roster. And honestly, I could care less about the Skiles fiasco.

Then you're assessment is based on feelings.

This season, is the first season Henny has dedicated to winning mixed with development without managements nepotism. Not the last two years.

Every opinion you have ultimately stems from feelings.

yeah I mean he's a stop gap. he's almost 31. what are we going to get? 2 good seasons out of him?

If that. Those nagging pains start taking its toll.

I wish upper management just let him do what he sees best. I'm sure Henny wants to win but the dude is smart. He knows what's best in the long run I believe.