Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

I'm just waiting for us to trade green and something for knight and something and I'm going to have to talk myself into that something being worth renting out that cap space to knight.

Seriously feel that way too.

He's like the kid that gets picked last in a pickup game. He's all hopping up and down like pick me pick me then everyone is gone but him. Team who picks is looking around to see if some other kid is outside riding his bike, playing with his RC or **** picking his nose but nope, he's the only one left in the entire neighborhood. *****!!!!

Better get Bender. At least get something that might be worth watching in the future.

He's still more efficient at it than Fournier, almost 40 points better. So no, mathematically fournier couldn't score 20 points if he was given 17 fga at his current production rate.

So? He'd be close. And last year's Fournier would eclipse that benchmark significantly.

But that brings me back to my point. If the differences statistically aren't that great and the actual on the court impact isn't great why would we be so thrilled to give a marginally better player a 40% increase in salary? Couldn't you replicate Barnes' production by dispersing those fga throughout the lineup? Isn't this exactly why we're not all upset that we had to trade ibaka? The production was there but it didn't really make much difference.

My issues with Barnes are the same issues i have with Devin Booker (though at least booker is cheap). People see 20 ppg and think that's some mythical benchmark that makes you a good player. People don't look at the nuance around his numbers and realize that it's really really hard to take 17+ fga per game and not score 20+.

Barnes vs Fournier is interesting. I don't necessarily think if you put Fournier on Dallas they'd be better. But i think if you give Fournier those extra field goal attempts they'd be pretty close.

I don't think looking at it as "Barnes is better than Fournier" is correct. I think the right way to look at it is "Barnes is just as problematic as Fournier when you give him the ball. And considering the 40% difference in salary that's not a better investment."

Ehh.. I think both are overrated but Barnes has a history of been good when playing around other better offensive players. I see Fournier as I saw afflalo when he played for the Magic. Decent offensive player who can score on volume shots, as you well said, but will struggle in another team.

Barnes was proven to be good when he played for Golden State and is doing very well in Dallas.

If I have to pick one( salary aside) I go with Barnes. Consider currently salary situation I will keep Fournier for now but will be working the phones to trade him as long as his value is decent. He has reached his potential in my honest opinion and has not really give us much in the defensive end.

First thing that pops up when looking up clips. Sigh.

But thing there's this

I like Brandon Knight! He'd be an immediate upgrade at PG andI like that he can also play at two guard spot. If we could find a way to get him and keep Vucevic I'd be all for it.

I like Brandon Knight! He'd be an immediate upgrade at PG andI like that he can also play at two guard spot. If we could find a way to get him and keep Vucevic I'd be all for it.

There's nothing that suggests he'd be a immediate upgrade.

Nothing at all.

Wish there was.

We can get Len and Knight for Vuc.

Nothing at all.

Wish there was.

Agree. It is just a change with hopes it is going to work out in the future.

I think Knight could be better than Payton.

Nothing at all.

Wish there was.

He's an immediate upgrade because he's better than any PG we have and that's a fact. But I'm with you I'd definitely be okay with getting Jackson. I'd love Jrue or Bledsoe but they won't be available in trades