Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

There is a 0% chance that the Celtics trade what is going to be the #1 pick to us. Stop.

I could see them trading their pick for Ibaka, vucevic and our pick. especially if we're sitting at 5 and knowing that their pick is probably 2 or 3.

It really depends on where they see the landscape at going forward. If they think there's a reasonable chance that a star is out there this summer than they probably hold onto the pick. If they look at the landscape and think everybody stays where they are it might be beneficial for them to stock up for a title run while still maintaining a chance at a top pick.

actually, they probably wont do that if they want to make a run at Gordon Hayward. kills their cap space.

What would you rate the likelihood of Gordon leaving Utah being? They are 1 game out of being the #4 seed in the west. I would say a 2/10 right now.

What would you rate the likelihood of Gordon leaving Utah being? They are 1 game out of being the #4 seed in the west. I would say a 2/10 right now.

I dunno. it depends on a lot of factors

Utah is a weird state living situation because it doesn't have a lot of stuff going on and there are no real major population centers. There's 2.9 million people living in Utah. There's 8.2 million people living in central florida (for comparison). More people means more stuff to do, generally.

plus it's got a really conservative history so you aren't having a night life or anything like that.

So you'd need to know Gordon Hayward. If he's big into the outdoors and hiking and cold winters don't bother him then he might spend his whole career there. That's what kept Karl Malone there.

Or maybe it's not even up to consideration. Maybe he really likes his teammates and will sign no matter what.

But boston has his college coach. that's a big deal. They win as often as Utah does.

Or maybe the money difference is too large and no other team has a shot at signing him.

But it doesn't really mean anything in this conversation. it's not about whether Gordon Hayward leaves. It's about if Boston thinks they have a good shot of stealing Hayward. You gotta think they feel pretty good about that.

Magical is doubling down on the Jaylen Brown rumors.

if that ends up happening he deserves an apology from me. Because I don't really see boston doing that.

if that ends up happening he deserves an apology from me. Because I don't really see boston doing that.

If that goes down, it's a huge admission that Mario is seen as nothing more than an average player by the Magic. Regarding Brown, who are his comps?

I dont think he has any valid or reputable source.

However, it makes sense for them to trade him now. I don't think Brown is in the Celtics future plan.

Boston is working hard on a possible trade with New york for Melo.

I do see him going to New york instead of the Magic.

We have no player other than Ibaka that they will consider trading for.

Henigan's asking price for Ibaka is pretty high as it should. Boston will not sway. At least for now.

I see rozier, brown and a pick going to New york for Melo. Maybe we can be a third team where a pick (first)from New york, hernangomez and crowder come to us for ibaka. Ibaka goes to new york and vuc go to boston.

Im sure other player needs to be added for salary to work.

If that goes down, it's a huge admission that Mario is seen as nothing more than an average player by the Magic. Regarding Brown, who are his comps?

I don't think it has anything to do with Mario.

I think it's just maximizing Ibaka's trade value by getting a promising young player.

Think about it like this. In a hypothetical world where Mario turns around and just starts hitting 20 points each night over the next 5 games and we go 2-3 or something like that do you think we're suddenly going to be like "we changed our minds, we'll trade Ibaka for something else now"?

I dont think he has any valid or reputable source.

However, it makes sense for them to trade him now. I don't think Brown is in the Celtics future plan.

Boston is working hard on a possible trade with New york for Melo.

I do see him going to New york instead of the Magic.

We have no player other than Ibaka that they will consider trading for.

Henigan's asking price for Ibaka is pretty high as it should. Boston will not sway. At least for now.

I see rozier, brown and a pick going to New york for Melo. Maybe we can be a third team where a pick (first)from New york, hernangomez and crowder come to us for ibaka. Ibaka goes to new york and vuc go to boston.

Im sure other player needs to be added for salary to work.

What is NY doing with Ibaka? Porzingod is running the show! If we want to get rid of Ibaka we will have to look to Portland or Toronto.