Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

Unfortunately the assets we have to acquire someone like Cousins pale in comparison to the Celtics.

I think the fact that we could give them one of either Vucevic or Biyombo gives us a better chance of getting Cousins over the Celtics IMO. Personally I'd rather have a Vucevic/Biyombo, Hezonja, and Payton combo over a Smart, Brown and Olynyk/Zeller combo

I think the fact that we could give them one of either Vucevic or Biyombo gives us a better chance of getting Cousins over the Celtics IMO. Personally I'd rather have a Vucevic/Biyombo, Hezonja, and Payton combo over a Smart, Brown and Olynyk/Zeller combo

no it'd be brown, smart, amir Johnson, a probable #2-#5 pick in this draft. a probable lotto pick in the next draft and potentially a third pick.

no it'd be brown, smart, amir Johnson, a probable #2-#5 pick in this draft. a probable lotto pick in the next draft and potentially a third pick.

Who would you trade out of Ibaka, Biyombo, and Vucevic? I think it's obvious that Ibaka would net us the most assets but I'd rather trade Biyombo of the three. If Ibaka was assured to stay I'd definitely keep him but I have a feeling he's not. In a ideal scenario I'd trade Biyombo for a PG and a wing player, move Ibaka to full time stating Center, and play Gordon at PF where he's a better fit. I know alot of people don't want him but I'd like to get Brandon Knight to Orlando somehow. I'd love to get Knight and Bender for one of our bigs and filler than see if Phoenix could find a 3rd team to take one of either Chandler or Len so they're not so crowded at the five.

Who would you trade out of Ibaka, Biyombo, and Vucevic? I think it's obvious that Ibaka would net us the most assets but I'd rather trade Biyombo of the three. If Ibaka was assured to stay I'd definitely keep him but I have a feeling he's not. In a ideal scenario I'd trade Biyombo for a PG and a wing player, move Ibaka to full time stating Center, and play Gordon at PF where he's a better fit. I know alot of people don't want him but I'd like to get Brandon Knight to Orlando somehow. I'd love to get Knight and Bender for one of our bigs and filler than see if Phoenix could find a 3rd team to take one of either Chandler or Len so they're not so crowded at the five.

what's our plan?

if we're tanking then we just dump everyone, probably even Gordon if we're looking at a couple year rebuild (but maybe not hezonja as he doesn't jump into consequential money for a while. though it would depend on what we could get for him).

if we're looking to continue pushing forward Ibaka is off the table. at that point you look at what the market is for Vucevic and Biyombo and figure out what makes more sense.

an Ibaka-vucevic/Gordon-Ibaka/Gordon-vucevic rotation wouldn't be bad if we get a cole Aldrich type to cover defense every once in a while.

an Ibaka-biyombo/Gordon-Ibaka/Gordon-biyombo roation wouldn't be bad if we had a guy we could reasonably give the ball to and ask him to get buckets.

knight doesn't really improve us. he's no better than the sum of what he would be replacing on the roster. Knight is a bad pick and roll guard. We have one of the best pick and pop options in the league. we have anther center who sets really good screens and can roll to the basket pretty well. The effect of adding Knight to our team would diminish whatever positive he could provide.

What do you all think about d'angelo russell?

There were times I couldn't recognize between him and Young.

He was alright. Dude moves a lil slow. Maybe because of the road trip.

I liked Ingram. Didn't shoot well but he looks like he knows how to score.