Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

So do players purposely forget how to play when a new coach comes in??? Do they forget how to shoot and play defense and make plays on their feet? If I extend that logic, then wouldn't players like Porzingis and D Russell, et al have their struggles too? After all they are being coached by new guys. Where is the distinction?

It's preseason and preseason has often shown little correlation with regular season

So do players purposely forget how to play when a new coach comes in??? Do they forget how to shoot and play defense and make plays on their feet? If I extend that logic, then wouldn't players like Porzingis and D Russell, et al have their struggles too? After all they are being coached by new guys. Where is the distinction?

Did you just start watching basketball?

I wouldn't fret over the loss against the Hawks. Payton sucked running the offense but was given the entire game to get out of his rut but with little avail. 2 Three's though ... but, to me, he is clearly the odd man out. Every game he started sucked. The guy has forgotten how to run an offense. CJ Watson could be our best bet at PG. He looked great with our victory. I'd have Vuc coming off the bench w/ Green. Payton off the bench too. Best SL IMHO:

Biyombo C

Ibaka PF

Gordon SF

Fournier SG

Watson PG (or Augustin?)

Strong second unit:

Vuc C

Green PF

Hezonja SF

Meeks SG

Payton PG

WTH is up with Hezonja? He's looking like he needs to go the D-League.

Vogel really needs to find a defined role for this kid -- he's just all over the place and isn't doing anything particularly well

WTH is up with Hezonja? He's looking like he needs to go the D-League.

Probably everbody is expecting way too much from him. He's playing exactly the same way as in Spain. I don't see him reach the next level.

Probably everbody is expecting way too much from him. He's playing exactly the same way as in Spain. I don't see him reach the next level.

That's kind of a weird take for any highly drafted 21 year old.

Sometimes there's just an adjustment period for these euro players and it can be a matter of a couple of years.

Remember Peja Stojakovich? He was drafted by the Kings in 96 but didn't even play with them until 98.

I'm pretty confident that as the season progresses, we'll see better play from Mario.

I am going to try not to be worried about some of these guys until about 20 games into the season.

JJ Redick took a long time to become good

Good example. He was an great scorer, well shooter technically, in college too.

Gotta give Mario more time. We've seen the flashes..,

EP and to some extent, AG, are the ones you have to really start getting an idea of who they'll be. Moreso with EP because AG is playing differently this year and just started get some SL time last year. EP has started since he was drafted.