Wait who are you talking about?

1 ??

2 Grant hill - Chauncey Billups and Ben wallace

3 Ariza?

4 Oladipo right?

First one is Tracy Mcgrady.

Second one has to be Ben Wallace.

Third has to be Ariza.

Anyhow yeah i was bringing up this the other day. Our history is pretty bad with trades. All of them. Also our star players never end a career with us and we do not have a good relationship with many of them. Nick Anderson is our one and only good relationship, maybe Dennis Scott.

Did anyone notice last night in the first quarter how hard our players were playing? Running harder, jumping and screening harder. It didn't make much difference but it was noticeable. Looked like they were much happier

Yeah I didn't see it.

As a correction, we didn't trade Billups to the Pistons, he signed there as a free agent. We did however trade Wallace for Hill, which is definitely one of our worst trades of all time.

I'd probably add the trade for your former name, Lewis for Arenas, which was beyond awful. Rashard gave his all for the team the whole time he was here and we traded him for a player who almost got kicked out of the league for his antics.

yeah, I guess that's not fair to include billups in there. I included him because he was a corresponding salary dump that preceded the hill/mcgrady moves.

Arenas was bad but I don't really know how to evaluate it.

Lewis fell off completely and was getting worse. the 8 games before the trade he was averaging 12 ppg on 40/33/75 shooting and we had lost 5 out of our last 6 games. We had Ryan Anderson on the bench unable to get minutes. after the trade Anderson averaged 12 ppg on 43/40/81 shooting which was better than Lewis in Washington and Lewis fell off completely the following year.

Comparatively, Arenas averaged 17 ppg the 7 games prior to the trade and when he got here, after 2 losses we went on a 9 game winning streak with him as a sub.

We ended up just waiving him with the amnesty provision the following year. If we had to trade lewis to get Anderson/bass minutes and we probably would have just amnestied lewis anyway is it really that negative of a trade?

why is this portion worse than Carter, gortat, pietrus, 2011 pick for Richardson, clark, Hedo? Especially considering Carter and Gortat are still playing now.

We probably could have packaged Gortat, Pietrus, and a pick for a more long term asset.

Sigh.. McGrady for Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley and Kelvin Cato... ugh

Then, flip Mobley to Sacramento for Doug Christie... Christie decides to retire, Francis goes in to full meltdown mode because we traded his best friend.

Sometimes I wonder what we would've been like if we could've convinced Tracy to stay and play alongside Dwight.

Sigh.. McGrady for Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley and Kelvin Cato... ugh

Then, flip Mobley to Sacramento for Doug Christie... Christie decides to retire, Francis goes in to full meltdown mode because we traded his best friend.

Sometimes I wonder what we would've been like if we could've convinced Tracy to stay and play alongside Dwight.

or traded him for Shawn Marion, Joe Johnson, and the pick that became Luol Deng.

And to add to the discussion, the Ibaka trade wasn't even the worst Hennigan trade. That Tobias Harris trade was hundreds of times worse

The Tobias trade gave us cap room which we still have to use this summer. I cant say much about that trade yet as Tobias really hasnt done much for Detroit either. I rather have the cap space and playing time for Hezonja and Gordon.

I was ok with that trade. I dont think I have been extremely excited with any of the trades.

The worse move in my opinion were getting rid of JJ for tobias in the first place and the firing of van gundy for vaughn. Then was giving Saric and a first for Payton followed by the no signing of either Dedmon or Oquinn and giving the money to Biyombo. And finally the oladipo and 11 pick for 6 month of Ibaka.

Best move.. his first move. Howard trade saga.

The Tobias trade gave us cap room which we still have to use this summer. I cant say much about that trade yet as Tobias really hasnt done much for Detroit either. I rather have the cap space and playing time for Hezonja and Gordon.

I was ok with that trade. I dont think I have been extremely excited with any of the trades.

The worse move in my opinion were getting rid of JJ for tobias in the first place and the firing of van gundy for vaughn. Then was giving Saric and a first for Payton followed by the no signing of either Dedmon or Oquinn and giving the money to Biyombo. And finally the oladipo and 11 pick for 6 month of Ibaka.

Stay tuned. Rob might not be done adding to the list.

JJ for Tobias was a solid move because JJ was a soon to be free agent we weren't going to pay. The concept behind trading Tobias was right, as you mentioned, but the fact we got two journeyman vets that both are gone and weren't able to even get a pick back makes it a bad trade.