Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

He had the ball in his hands a few times in the last two minutes and he could've launched but didn't. Maybe he really does care about winning and winning only.

He missed two jumpers badly and Memphis kinda came back and made it a game.

I really wanted him to get the quadruple double

Sources close to the process say they are not sold that Martins will fire Hennigan. Much like the first year in 2012, Martins knew the team was embarking on a new course, one built around more veterans. The Magic landed a few in free agency and will be set up nicely this summer to pursue more. As the Magic sit today they have just $67.4 million in salary commitments for the 2017 season, with the salary cap set to be just at $102 million, giving the Magic about $34.6 million to spend this summer.

Well it looks like we may be in for a few more years of ill-fitting players and poor roster construction.

Eh, you gotta figure we're learning some lessons here. This is the first time this franchise had dealt with a rebuild in this type of climate

Eh, you gotta figure we're learning some lessons here. This is the first time this franchise had dealt with a rebuild in this type of climate

Yeah but his comments about us being a "few tweaks away" concerns me -- but maybe hes just saying that.

Yeah but his comments about us being a "few tweaks away" concerns me -- but maybe hes just saying that.

I think you look at the team we were in November and made a few tweaks to that (i.e. a couple two way players that aren't all that great but would stop us from trying to fix a good defense/ bad offense lineup with a bad defense/good offense lineup and then ultimately feeling the weakness of both) i think we'd be where we want to be. Like if instead of Meeks we had Courtney Lee and instead of green we had pj tucker and if instead of Augustin we just used Watson i think we'd be closer to a 40 win team. But our solutions to last year's problems (like Augustin bringing a veteran presence and shooting) brought a whole new set of problems (horrible defense)

The good news for us in a big picture strategy is the team we had didn't fail minimally, it failed spectacularly which might be the difference between a 6 seed ceiling with this roster and at least the hope of having a franchise player in this upcoming draft.

The good news for us in a big picture strategy is the team we had didn't fail minimally, it failed spectacularly which might be the difference between a 6 seed ceiling with this roster and at least the hope of having a franchise player in this upcoming draft.

I don't think adding a rookie to this group, unless it's the second coming of Lebron, gets you very far. I remember how people a couple of years ago were saying whichever team got Wiggins would be all set. Well, Minnesota not only has Wiggins, but Towns and Lavine and with all that they have about the same record as us. Hanging your hopes on the draft is a doubtful proposition when your team is this bad.

I don't think adding a rookie to this group, unless it's the second coming of Lebron, gets you very far. I remember how people a couple of years ago were saying whichever team got Wiggins would be all set. Well, Minnesota not only has Wiggins, but Towns and Lavine and with all that they have about the same record as us. Hanging your hopes on the draft is a doubtful proposition when your team is this bad.

You don't think Minnesota is in good shape?

I think you look at the team we were in November and made a few tweaks to that (i.e. a couple two way players that aren't all that great but would stop us from trying to fix a good defense/ bad offense lineup with a bad defense/good offense lineup and then ultimately feeling the weakness of both) i think we'd be where we want to be. Like if instead of Meeks we had Courtney Lee and instead of green we had pj tucker and if instead of Augustin we just used Watson i think we'd be closer to a 40 win team. But our solutions to last year's problems (like Augustin bringing a veteran presence and shooting) brought a whole new set of problems (horrible defense)

Let's keep this loss streak going!