Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Don't think the future is so bright with this bunch.

I don't think you go for the Lou Williams, Gays and Bledsoes of the NBA, well Gay if Cousins is included. You got to get someone who grows with this roster.

We've talked about it before. 26 range.

eh, I think you're ok getting someone like Gay if the cost is low. simply giving Gay green's role could fix things short term without hurting the team long term. something like this would make sense http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jlhacow

I agree. There are evidence of greatness though. When Gordon made 30 points was that mostly with him at the PF position? Perhaps Vuc coming back is part of the problem? Are we better without relying so much on Vuc?

I wouldn't classify one game as evidence. It's an positive sign but Marcus Fizer had some big games too.

I think AG was doing it from all positions.

The problem is we have no all NBA players. No two way stars. Ibaka is the closest and that's not saying a whole lot.

Ibaka

Gordon

?

Fournier

Brandon Knight

Biyombo

Green

Hezonja

Meeks

?

Perhaps trade Vuc and Payton to get you a starting caliber SF? Who's available?

Brandon Knight isn't the answer. I wish it was because he could be had but his offensive numbers are horrible and his defense is just as bad.

Ibaka

Gordon

?

Fournier

Brandon Knight

Biyombo

Green

Hezonja

Meeks

?

Perhaps trade Vuc and Payton to get you a starting caliber SF? Who's available?

I saw something last night where Knight had the lowest +/- in the NBA. Not sure he's someone we should be targeting.

I saw something last night where Knight had the lowest +/- in the NBA. Not sure he's someone we should be targeting.

Well, I really don't get this team. We had the identity of being elite defense. Then I don't know what happened. This team is frustrating.

eh, I think you're ok getting someone like Gay if the cost is low. simply giving Gay green's role could fix things short term without hurting the team long term. something like this would make sense http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jlhacow

I don't think I could stomach that. Vuch IMO brings a lot more than that entire group coming back.

I do find Malachi to be an interesting project though.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jzmy8nc

<Devilish grin>

I don't think I could stomach that. Vuch IMO brings a lot more than that entire group coming back.

I do find Malachi to be an interesting project though.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jzmy8nc

<Devilish grin>

What does Vucevic really bring though? I mean i think his value is higher than the other players in that trade but you get a short term upgrade with gay over green, a backup center with koufos who can fill in for biyombo when needed, additional payment in Richardson who would justify trading Vucevic for an expiring, and a more balanced roster with the minutes distribution where you could run a Payton- Fournier- Gay- Gordon- ibaka lineup that transitions into an Augustin- Fournier- Gordon- ibaka- biyombo big lineup then an Augustin- meeks- Fournier- Gay- biyombo lineup or something like that

What does Vucevic really bring though? I mean i think his value is higher than the other players in that trade but you get a short term upgrade with gay over green, a backup center with koufos who can fill in for biyombo when needed, additional payment in Richardson who would justify trading Vucevic for an expiring, and a more balanced roster with the minutes distribution where you could run a Payton- Fournier- Gay- Gordon- ibaka lineup that transitions into an Augustin- Fournier- Gordon- ibaka- biyombo big lineup then an Augustin- meeks- Fournier- Gay- biyombo lineup or something like that

Vuch's improvement defensively and more 3 PT attempts have increased his value in today's NBA. He's becoming somewhat of an two way player. You don't give that up for Gay.

I just don't think it makes us that much better. You're essentially getting a 30 year old Gay who started off hot but has come back down to earth and probably gives you what Green has been giving most nights with an occasional 30 point outburst and yeah those occurrences might resort to a win but every team he has been around has decided they're better off without him.

Gay is almost a rich mans Green.

It just doesn't move the needle enough. Any trades done with Sactown should have DMC included.

I just don't think it makes us that much better. You're essentially getting a 30 year old Gay who started off hot but has come back down to earth and probably gives you what Green has been giving most nights with an occasional 30 point outburst and yeah those occurrences might resort to a win but every team he has been around has decided they're better off without him.

Gay is almost a rich mans Green.

It just doesn't move the needle enough. Any trades done with Sactown should have DMC included.

Yes. Gay is exactly a rich man's green.

I don't think a "needle moving" trade is possible

Yes. Gay is exactly a rich man's green.

I don't think a "needle moving" trade is possible

Maybe not but Henny is going to have to try.

His job is seriously in jeopardy. He can't sell management the idea of tanking and if he traded for Gay, and the likely outcome occurs, which is not much of a result came from it, he's gone for sure.

That's why a risk on DMC would be more ideal.

I think you guys who talk about the team giving up or lacking pride or something are completely missing the point.

we have rotation of 7 inconsistent offensive players, Fournier, and Biyombo who is a consistent defense only guy.

When those inconsistent guys all have great games, we look like the best offensive team in the league.

When we get 3-4 of those guys playing well we look ok.

when we get less than that we look terrible.

blaming it on effort is misdiagnosing the problem. the problem has been there for the last 5 months. It's been there in the wins and the losses.

Last night we just missed shots. That sounds like I'm just putting it off but I'm not. because it's not an outlier where we'll just hit our numbers going forward. any game going forward we could put up 79 points or 115 points and it all depends on what we get from the role players that night. It needs to be addressed. We'll never be able to reasonably execute a gameplan if we continue to have such dynamic swings of offensive efficiency.

Take another look at the game and watch Green shuffling around the court without any apparent interest in being out there. Watch the two weak passes he made, without being under any pressure, both of which became turnovers. A reason, possibly a key reason, that we're inconsistent is that our effort (for some but not all players) is wildly inconsistent also. We have a hard enough time winning when everyone puts out 100%. At 75%, we get embarrassed and blown out.