Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

yeah, that's the whole thing. they were making jokes. Gordon doesn't have a good jumper. maybe he'll have one in 14 years.

you're looking too far into things. This is a non-story across the board.

Yeah but it looked like they were taking the whole thing out of context. Tmac looked serious in a jokingly way. Dude next to him was shaking his head about it like 2030? Really? They had an serious convo about it. I think they did an disservice since Martin's wasn't saying we won't win until 2030 and that's how they're were painting it.

I agree with you too. I can't stand Bianchi and Schmitz. I tried listening to his show in the mornings but just can't. He annoys the piss out of me. I just want to open the car door while moving and fall out onto oncoming traffic.

Yeah but it looked like they were taking the whole thing out of context. Tmac looked serious in a jokingly way. Dude next to him was shaking his head about it like 2030? Really? They had an serious convo about it. I think they did an disservice since Martin's wasn't saying we won't win until 2030 and that's how they're were painting it.

I agree with you too. I can't stand Bianchi and Schmitz. I tried listening to his show in the mornings but just can't. He annoys the piss out of me. I just want to open the car door while moving and fall out onto oncoming traffic.

Its because they're holdovers from an era where sports was simpler and they didn't need to do any analysis. Bianchi has been with the sentinel for 30 years, Schmitz has been with the sentinel for 40 years. they probably peaked at some point in the mid 80's/early 90's.

From the biggest Payton critic on the board, dude has been a great sixth man. I've said before I thought his game would benefit from being moved to the bench, and so far I feel good about those statements. Kid is actually valuable in his current role.

From the biggest Payton critic on the board, dude has been a great sixth man. I've said before I thought his game would benefit from being moved to the bench, and so far I feel good about those statements. Kid is actually valuable in his current role.

Unfortunately, we're in year 5 of the rebuild, and we still don't have 5 legitimate NBA starters.

Unfortunately, we're in year 5 of the rebuild, and we still don't have 5 legitimate NBA starters.

I think we've got 1 legitimate and 3 contingent starters.

I think the worst thing we did to Gordon is say he was going to be Paul George. Not because it's putting him at 3, but because he is literally trying to be Paul George.

He dances with the ball. He isolates guys and tries to break them down and take threes. He tries to make kobe passes off the dribble.

That's not who he is. He needs to start with the basics. Be a high functioning Ariza or Corey Brewer. Build that game then layer things on top of it.

That's who he was tonight. Transition. Dunks. Putbacks. Open lane drives for layups. Alley oops. Open threes. Threes coming off screens. One dribble mid range jumpers. Cuts off ball.

Not dancing with the ball. Not "i got Chris Paul switched on me at the three point line let's wave everybody off and waste 14 seconds trying to back him into the paint". No kobe plays. Thabo sefalosha plays. Pietrus plays.

He's got one play that small forwards literally can not defend. The off ball cut one dribble layup. He's done it like 5 times recently and he jumps quicker and hangs in the air longer than any defender so he just ends up with an open layup.

I think the worst thing we did to Gordon is say he was going to be Paul George. Not because it's putting him at 3, but because he is literally trying to be Paul George.

He dances with the ball. He isolates guys and tries to break them down and take threes. He tries to make kobe passes off the dribble.

That's not who he is. He needs to start with the basics. Be a high functioning Ariza or Corey Brewer. Build that game then layer things on top of it.

That's who he was tonight. Transition. Dunks. Putbacks. Open lane drives for layups. Alley oops. Open threes. Threes coming off screens. One dribble mid range jumpers. Cuts off ball.

Not dancing with the ball. Not "i got Chris Paul switched on me at the three point line let's wave everybody off and waste 14 seconds trying to back him into the paint". No kobe plays. Thabo sefalosha plays. Pietrus plays.

Correct

He's got one play that small forwards literally can not defend. The off ball cut one dribble layup. He's done it like 5 times recently and he jumps quicker and hangs in the air longer than any defender so he just ends up with an open layup.

I agree for the most part but I think his IQ is better than we or at least I thought and those isolation plays will become more effective the more he does it because he's a fast learner. The key to those is recognizing who's defending you. Are they faster? Probably shouldn't try isolating by facing up. Usually that means the player is smaller. Might need to take him to the block and post up.

Another thing he does have is a sweet turnaround fadeaway. I haven't seen a player with such a nice fadeaway from the post in a long time.