Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Also things that Biz does that doesn't always show up in box scores. His ability to set good hard screens then roll hard to the right place is under appreciated lost art. Something that Vuch does not comprehend. Also his ability to switch instantly and perfectly on guards on the perimeter. His instincts to defend and challenge shots that might not result in a block but results in an missed shot.

I agree with all this. The same excellent reasoning applies to Green vs Hezonja. Substitute Green for Biz, and Hezonja for Vuch, and you've made a very strong case (other than the part about the screens).

In addition to being at the right place on the court, avoiding dumb turnovers, playing solid defense, and other veteran traits which Mario doesn't possess, Green has a solid track record as a shooter. Mario doesn't. No one expects Green to continue to shoot this badly.

Hell we gave up 2 first draft picks and paying 12M for a one years worth of Ibaka before he asks for max...

So in summary, 2 first round picks and 82M for both 14ppg/8rpg and 5ppg/6rpg and our 20th ranked paint defense allowing 44ppg.

Yep, i would of seen what i could i get out of Kyle and Deadmon.

Oladipo isn't a first round draft pick anymore

He was when we drafted him and we gave him up, so therefor we gave up a first round draft pick.

No. That's not how basketball works.

Your hatred of Hennigan is leading you to have really bad basketball opinions

No. That's not how basketball works.

Your hatred of Hennigan is leading you to have really bad basketball opinions

Hate is a strong word, no i dislike all the moves and results so far that is contributed to Rob. Its business, where "what have you done lately" rules.

So after spinning 80M, what has Ibaka and Biyombo done lately to warrant praise? They hustle? Is that what we are down too.

Screw that and being okay with being Mediocre. I want a team that actually functions like a NBA team. That plays D and scores the damn ball.

So far we have a 90pt team, that isnt very good offensivly, gives up 40+ ppg in the paint, and the young players have no ability to carry this team, so we rely on Vets.

No i dont hate, i call BS when there is BS. And thus far Rob has given us a ton of BS.

Hate is a strong word, no i dislike all the moves and results so far that is contributed to Rob. Its business, where "what have you done lately" rules.

So after spinning 80M, what has Ibaka and Biyombo done lately to warrant praise? They hustle? Is that what we are down too.

Screw that and being okay with being Mediocre. I want a team that actually functions like a NBA team. That plays D and scores the damn ball.

So far we have a 90pt team, that isnt very good offensivly, gives up 40+ ppg in the paint, and the young players have no ability to carry this team, so we rely on Vets.

No i dont hate, i call BS when there is BS. And thus far Rob has given us a ton of BS.

No. You're using a view of basketball that's obsolete.

Points per game doesn't matter. Points per possession matters.

In today's market, you bet. He's also young enough to improve.

Wrong. So wrong. If that was the case Charlotte would of never let him go for free, neither the Raptors. Cmon bro, Biyombo is not going to get better offensivly.

No. You're using a view of basketball that's obsolete.

Points per game doesn't matter. Points per possession matters.

Actually im gonna roll with you on this. Since Biyombo doesnt have plays called for him and his points mostly come from put backs, what would his pts per possession equal? 2ppg?

In today's market, you bet. He's also young enough to improve.

I mean 5 yrs in the league and he hasnt added much. That would be like asking Dwight in Atlanta to start shooting jumpers again like he practiced summers ago for us...that aint happening

Wow. Okay.

We're currently a 94 possession per game team. If we score 98 points that's 104.3 points per 100 possessions.

Golden state is a 100 possession per game team. If they score 98 points that's 98 points per 100 possessions.