Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Only thing is that he didn't blow out his ACL. Had he done so(and I would never wish injury on anybody), at least he'd have an excuse for his play this season.

I get that people want to give him another year, and for some reason think his shooting baskets at an empty Amway Center will have a much bigger impact on his game than shooting baskets somewhere else. I just don't share the optimism but I hope I'm wrong.

If he didn't look alright his rookie year I'd agree.

Which of our mediocre players that we've traded away have really blossomed elsewhere? Did I miss one of them becoming an All-Star?

This is a pretty high bar. No one here would argue letting Dedmon go was not a mistake

Which of our mediocre players that we've traded away have really blossomed elsewhere? Did I miss one of them becoming an All-Star?

I wouldn't say an All-Star, but Tobias is a solid player that we got nothing for. Harkless is a solid player that we got nothing for. Dedmon we let go for nothing.

When you're a terrible team, you can't afford to just lose young players with value and get no return. That's what we did.

This is a pretty high bar. No one here would argue letting Dedmon go was not a mistake

Nobody is arguing dedmon would be great here. People argue that dedmon cheap would be better than biyombo expensive

Nobody is arguing dedmon would be great here. People argue that dedmon cheap would be better than biyombo expensive

In other words it was a mistake to let him go

Only through the lens of biyombo. But some could argue the absence of biyombo would be better than biyombo.

Last year i never thought "man, we better resign this 28 year old center we found on the scrap heap". Can't judge a guy based on how San Antonio optimises him.

Only thing is that he didn't blow out his ACL. Had he done so(and I would never wish injury on anybody), at least he'd have an excuse for his play this season.

I get that people want to give him another year, and for some reason think his shooting baskets at an empty Amway Center will have a much bigger impact on his game than shooting baskets somewhere else. I just don't share the optimism but I hope I'm wrong.

You really think that's what an player does in his off season? Just shoot jumpers in an empty gym?!

Corey Maggette was pretty decent. No all star and I don't think we need Mario to be one. I mentioned a Turk like impact. Turk averaged 19, 5, and 5 and was not a all star.

I dont think it was a mistake to let him go. We need the cap space to sing free agents. I was Ok let him go as he didnt do much for us nor he was going to give us more this year. We needed to do something and gamble. I didnt play out well but I am ok with Biyombo at the moment.

Lets put this way. Do you rather sign Meeks(29 year old) at 6-8 millions per year, knowing already what he can bring to the magic or will you rather take a gamble in free agency for a player like Porter(just to give an example) at 12-14 millions a year? You can keep the team the way it is or try to make it better.

My point is that at the time, I was OK with the move because it showed me that we, the Magic, is trying to make moves to improve the team. Unfortunately, it has not panned out on our favor.

I will be interested to see what the team do this offseason.

I want us to:

1.Sign Meeks, Keep Gordon, Payton and Mario.

2. With our first round Picks, select a PG and a SF(scorer)

With our Second rounders select a PF and a international big guy that can develop. Maybe trade one of our second, late first and Fournier to move up in the draft for another top 15 pick.

3. Trade Fournier on draft day to move up. Trade either Vuch or Biyombo and Augsutine as a package. Maybe for future 2nd round picks and expirings. We can use our Ibaka trade exception(2,250.000) here if needed. I honestly dont care if somehow we are able to trade Biyombo for Howard at this point. We need to make a splash and change our direction.

4. I will like to bring Jameer back to the magic as our third PG and as our needed veteran presence.

5. Go hard with whatever money is left for a top 3 FA this offseason. I dont really care on the position as long as it is a top FA. We need identity and a name.