Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Serge Ibaka wishes he had played center more in Orlando

As I read that headline today, I said to myself... I have been saying this since we got him... and of course all the nay Sayers came out with pitch forks.

Look who is smiling now.... P4W should of muted himself a long time ago.

Everyone said he should play center! No one was against that. Stop making **** up.

***** it, I'm back.

But I'm going to be posting less. one reason I left was because I felt like I was overwhelming conversations and choking out other voices (especially ones I agree with).

• Upvote 1

***** it, I'm back.

But I'm going to be posting less. one reason I left was because I felt like I was overwhelming conversations and choking out other voices (especially ones I agree with).

Welcome back man

Ya gonna want to take another vacay though lol

***** it, I'm back.

Everyone knew you'd be back!

Also, in regards to payton/booker/whatever

I think you can take box score numbers and show growth or changes or whatever.

I don't think you can take box score numbers and say "This player is a star because he's posting star stats". It requires more nuance than that. Payton has had a good month. Payton still got torched by TJ McConnell so what changed?

Booker put up 58 points in garbage time. its nice he had a good game but the collective basketball world lost their minds when they attributed some value to that travesty of a basketball game that resembled Kobe's final game and what I imagine Wilt's 100 point game looked like.

Welcome back man

Ya gonna want to take another vacay though lol

I didn't really take a vacation. I just sat here reading posts while logged off.

• Upvote 1

***** it, I'm back.

Glad to see you again and welcome back! I, for one, dont mind the back and forth conversations.

***** it, I'm back.

Glad to have you back

Also, in regards to payton/booker/whatever

I think you can take box score numbers and show growth or changes or whatever.

I don't think you can take box score numbers and say "This player is a star because he's posting star stats". It requires more nuance than that. Payton has had a good month. Payton still got torched by TJ McConnell so what changed?

Booker put up 58 points in garbage time. its nice he had a good game but the collective basketball world lost their minds when they attributed some value to that travesty of a basketball game that resembled Kobe's final game and what I imagine Wilt's 100 point game looked like.

It will be interesting to see how this get into his head. As I coach, I imagine this is what you want to see the least in your team. It says a lot about how poor your offense is structured by Allowing a player to take control of the offense like that.

You want to see other players to execute and contribute as well. Specially when you are trying to give other young players time to develop.

Booker is no Kobe nor he always be.

I was also bothered And dissapointed to see Tyson Chandler celebrating this like a heroic act EVEN when they were losing!. He is a veteran and should know better. Never to celebrate anything unless you are winning.

I am not nor will be celebrating any of Paytons tripple doubles anytime soon unless you start seeing from him more consistency.

It will be interesting to see how this get into his head. As I coach, I imagine this is what you want to see the least in your team. It says a lot about how poor your offense is structured by Allowing a player to take control of the offense like that.

You want to see other players to execute and contribute as well. Specially when you are trying to give other young players time to develop.

Booker is no Kobe nor he always be.

I was also bothered And dissapointed to see Tyson Chandler celebrating this like a heroic act EVEN when they were losing!. He is a veteran and should know better. Never to celebrate anything unless you are winning.

I am not nor will be celebrating any of Paytons tripple doubles anytime soon unless you start seeing from him more consistency.

I'm a big numbers guy but you cant remove them from the context of the game. Payton's Chicago game was amazing. He dominated that game.

Payton's Sacramento triple double was fine but it's ultimately just stuff he's doing. Grabbing uncontested defensive rebounds is great but is it providing actual impact? Its great he's getting more assists but is that just a result of a shift in the offense to where the ball is in his hands more?

If you have a guy who is scoring ok and passing well but can't stay in front of his man consistently do you have a good player? or do you just have a player that is doing a bunch of stuff?