Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

the drop off from payton to Augustin over the past 6 games has been obscene

when payton is on the court we have an offensive rating of 111.7 (elite) and a defensive rating of 102.8 (solid)

when Payton is off the court we have an offensive rating of 96.4 (terrible) and a defensive rating of 112 (horrible)

That difference is massive.

the drop off from payton to Augustin over the past 6 games has been obscene

when payton is on the court we have an offensive rating of 111.7 (elite) and a defensive rating of 102.8 (solid)

when Payton is off the court we have an offensive rating of 96.4 (terrible) and a defensive rating of 112 (horrible)

That difference is massive.

On a game to game basis, Watson is better than Augustin, in my opinion. Augustin is just the PG version of Green.

the worst part about the payton-augustin splits is the minute distribution. payton is averaging 27.1 mpg over the last 6 games, augustin is at 21.1.

you want to win games? play payton 36 minutes and augustin 12.

the worst part about the payton-augustin splits is the minute distribution. payton is averaging 27.1 mpg over the last 6 games, augustin is at 21.1.

I can't imagine that continuing if he keeps up the play, he's playing within the game very well, shooting almost 55% fgs since the ASB-along with everything else.

I'm fine with it. Keep the Augustin Green tank rolling!

Hey at least Henny didn't commit to Augustin long term

We can get rid of him with minimal long term impact. That's not an issue.

I know yet it represents another obvious miscue by Henny. The dude had bounced all around the league and then somehow got a 4 year guaranteed deal from us at 7+ million/year. These vets were supposed to bring consistency and good value, yet as you have shared, have brought the opposite.

I know yet it represents another obvious miscue by Henny. The dude had bounced all around the league and then somehow got a 4 year guaranteed deal from us at 7+ million/year. These vets were supposed to bring consistency and good value, yet as you have shared, have brought the opposite.

I think the thought process was Augustin was a veteran presence who played for Vogel before and was a positive impact in Denver who fit our cost/role. And point guard poor defense isn't as impactful when you have rim protection. He played really well backing up Mudiay last year.

Maybe he needs a good defensive shooting guard next to him? Maybe putting him in augustin-watson-green lineups is killing any benefit he provides? Maybe our offense isn't fit for him.

we'll dump him this summer and he'll latch on to golden state and play fantastic.

with Watson back in the rotation I'm really not happy with the lineups Vogel is coming up with. We should never be in a situation where either Fournier or Ross aren't on the court.