Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Where did all the negative preseason nancys go?

I wouldn't all myself a negative nancy but I don't know if we can take anything away from this win -- we were down big and made a comeback. We can't continue to get ourselves in these deficits because we can't always come back down 23. There's still issues but I at least am hoping that they workout as the season progresses.

And I am not one of those guys that always wants to be right no matter what -- im happy that Payton played well even if I was harsh on him -- that's what i've been wanting since his rookie year.

No idea who this is, but he's another guard. Are we getting an insurance policy on Mario?

No. This is the same thing we did with Appling last year. Sign then cut to pay him more than the d-league allows

Anyone else thinks we have a shot at a really strong beginning of the season? The schedule isn't that tough and there's some injury luck already, so we might start with a 8-2 W-L run

I think it's hard to guess the first 12% of the season at this point but I believe there is a better chance we start 0-3 than 2-1 or 3-0. If Payton plays like he did in the last preseason game then we stand a good chance at winning some games!

.....We are spoiled with David Steele and Jeff Turner.

Good description of the game, I agreed with everything you wrote until the last sentence. David Steele is a consummate professional. It's his misfortune to be paired with a bozo like Jeff Turner, who will talk about what a great game some Magic player is having while the team is getting blown out. Turner is the worst color commentator I've ever heard in any professional sport.

I wouldn't all myself a negative nancy but I don't know if we can take anything away from this win -- we were down big and made a comeback. We can't continue to get ourselves in these deficits because we can't always come back down 23. There's still issues but I at least am hoping that they workout as the season progresses.

And I am not one of those guys that always wants to be right no matter what -- im happy that Payton played well even if I was harsh on him -- that's what i've been wanting since his rookie year.

I agree for the most part. There is good and bad with coming back from such a huge deficit like that. Glad Payton showed up last night. Hopefully it is something that consistently happens this year.

What silence are you talking about? Everyone seems to be here and is contributing. Some trying to stir up stuff.

What bait? I just feel it would serve the board well for those that pick apart losses to also pick apart wins. Why was Payton sucessful tonight? What changed after halftime? Why the slow start? Was the win do to coaching? Ect...

We had one guy break down the game and only one person even responded to that.

Let a loss happen and there are 3-5 doom and gloom guys picking apart every negative aspect of the game.

This wasnt directed towards you but sums up my thoughts on the "silence". Obviously there are those talking about it just not in the same way its talked about after a loss. I was half way joking as I know a loss usually brings more out than wins anyways.

I think it's hard to guess the first 12% of the season at this point but I believe there is a better chance we start 0-3 than 2-1 or 3-0. If Payton plays like he did in the last preseason game then we stand a good chance at winning some games!

I figure we have a 55% chance of winning game 1, a 40% shot of winning game 2, and a 15% chance of winning game 3.

That corresponds to about 1.1 wins