Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

You've addressed it the way my 6 year old would address when he wants something he can't have at the moment.

Trade Payton now...Sigh...For what?!

You're saying guys suck so let's trade them. To whom? For who? Do you even rationalize bro?

"Nope. These guys aren't going to amount to anything. Some team would trade us valuable assets for em."

More childish remarks. You asked my idea and I said it. Yes we should trade Payton while we can convince some team that he made an all rookie team two years ago and that last year Skiles was being Skiles and somehow that stunted his growth. That is practically the number one excuse given around these parts for Payton any way.

Package him and Vucevic and maybe we can grab a player who signed in the offseason with a new team with a high dollar contract. Hopefully we can do better though.

More childish remarks. You asked my idea and I said it. Yes we should trade Payton while we can convince some team that he made an all rookie team two years ago and that last year Skiles was being Skiles and somehow that stunted his growth. That is practically the number one excuse given around these parts for Payton any way.

Package him and Vucevic and maybe we can grab a player who signed in the offseason with a new team with a high dolllar contract. Hopefully we can do better though.

Think this through for a sec. After having an solid rookie campaign, EP struggled last year while having Skiles as an coach. So far he's having an poor performance in pre season and you think Rob can sell that to experienced, well informed GM's and they'll buy it but YOU don't. You're the exception.

Essentially you're saying you're more qualified/knowledgeable than Rob and other NBA GM's. You can smell but sell bs and get gold in return.

The reason why you're overreacting is not only because it's too early to say but also because no one is going to give up anything of value for those two. We must at least get their value up which takes time. One way or another, it comes down to patience. I advise you to have some.

Payton Payton Payton u guys are obsessed he is not as bad as you all think and definitely not the reason this team will be bad or good this season. It's called a team. They will thrive or fail as a team.

If we had an top 5 player, it wouldn't be AS an issue but a team like ours, we're as strong as our weakest link.

For us to have good success, we need him to be much better.

Think this through for a sec. After having an solid rookie campaign, EP struggled last year while having Skiles as an coach. So far he's having an poor performance in pre season and you think Rob can sell that to experienced, well informed GM's and they'll buy it but YOU don't. You're the exception.

Essentially you're saying you're more qualified/knowledgeable than Rob and other NBA GM's. You can smell but sell bs and get gold in return.

The reason why you're overreacting is not only because it's too early to say but also because no one is going to give up anything of value for those two. We must at least get their value up which takes time. One way or another, it comes down to patience. I advise you to have some.

Vucevic value is not really in question he is what he is. Good offensive big on team friendly contract. Yes EP value is questionable could go up or down. That's why I said, if another team signed a player with that high contract this past offseason and maybe are having second thoughts, in this specific case I do see a GM taking a "player hit" to get out of the contract. So no, I am not saying we can fleece some GM by dumping Payton.

We can be patient till we are blue in the face. Would you have preached patience with Moe Harkless when we had him? Obviously this is revisionist history but at the time it was the right move.

Vucevic value is not really in question he is what he is. Good offensive big on team friendly contract. Yes EP value is questionable could go up or down. That's why I said, if another team signed a player with that high contract this past offseason and maybe are having second thoughts, in this specific case I do see a GM taking a "player hit" to get out of the contract. So no, I am not saying we can fleece some GM by dumping Payton.

We can be patient till we are blue in the face. Would you have preached patience with Moe Harkless when we had him? Obviously this is revisionist history but at the time it was the right move.

We would have been patient with harkless. Unfortunately he was #4 on the pecking order at sf.

Btw i miss these arguments. It's been boring here for 6 months

We still blaming Skiles for Payton being lazy? Or is that over, now? Don't get me wrong, I haven't thrown in the towel completely. But I hate this kids attitude. He plays like he doesn't care at all.

We still blaming Skiles for Payton being lazy? Or is that over, now? Don't get me wrong, I haven't thrown in the towel completely. But I hate this kids attitude. He plays like he doesn't care at all.

Payton played poorly in every exhibition he's ever played in for us. People don't blame skiles for that. People blame skiles for running an offense that didn't fit Payton and potentially clashing with his personality.

This offense that Vogel is running often puts Payton in a position to play to his strengths and he's very much a nurturing players coach. If Payton fails it's entirely on him.

Good offensive big who's defense is still in question. Look around....That's not what's in big demand right now and neither is an incapable shooting pg who isn't just up and down, he had an very rough season and has followed it up with an poor pre season that isn't even finished yet. PRE season. PRE...Come on.

Gm's usually don't start shedding contracts until the deadline when they've found out they're headed to the lottery and Rob isn't going to take on high contracts just to get rid of Payton. It's gotta make sense.

It's way too early man.

On separate Thought but still related to this season, why do we only play Cleveland three times and only one of those a home game? the other two away? I checked and for the last 5 years we've always played Cleveland 4 times? EDIT - oh i guess we only played them three times 2 years ago... that stinks for me as a season ticket holder