Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Not too sure that's a good thing. This team is going to take some time to gel with the roster turnover, and I expect a slow start out of the gate.

probably not. but it's much more interesting than fake games.

probably not. but it's much more interesting than fake games.

Definitely. I can't even get myself to watch non-magic preseason games -- whereas im usually watching some sort of NBA basketball game everynight.

Definitely. I can't even get myself to watch non-magic preseason games -- whereas im usually watching some sort of NBA basketball game everynight.

its because there's no context for what you're seeing. Golden state looks terrible, then golden state beats the clippers by 50. Does either result even tell us anything?

its because there's no context for what you're seeing. Golden state looks terrible, then golden state beats the clippers by 50. Does either result even tell us anything?

The real issue is that there is no payoff. I can't even get myself to watch more than 10 minutes of a magic preseason game. If they are down by 20 do I really care if they are able to come back and win? If they are up by 20 is there any real excitement? The win doesn't matter, nor does the loss.

Teams aren't playing their normal line ups, teams still have players on them that won't even be on a team in the regular season who are getting minutes. It is still somewhat awesome if, for say, some rookie dunks on Lebron, but at the same token, does Lebron really care about the result here? Is it anything like when he is playing at high intensity where he would take such an act personally?

Preseason is just glorified scrimmages where coaches can try out their new tactics and ideas, where different line ups can be tried out to see if they work, where players can get themselves into game shape, and where fringe guys can make a statement on why they deserve a spot on a team.

This season should be used to build up the team and chemistry. So Magic can fight for Play off spot next season. Ibaka-Oladipo trade shocked the team, hopefully positively. But most of our key players need more experience.

This season should be used to build up the team and chemistry. So Magic can fight for Play off spot next season. Ibaka-Oladipo trade shocked the team, hopefully positively. But most of our key players need more experience.

no, for better or for worse this is the year we start to compete.