Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Ok so if we don't get a PG like Jackson or Bledsoe before the deadline! If we end up tanking the rest of the season and getting screwed again by picking out of the top five. We would still be garbage at the PG position so would you guys be okay with offering our early first to Minnesota for Kris Dunn?

no

Is it possible he has such an aweful shot but it works for him? Kinda like Marion.

I've just see clips not full games.

yes. it works. he's shooting 43% on threes on pretty high attempts.

Ok so if we don't get a PG like Jackson or Bledsoe before the deadline! If we end up tanking the rest of the season and getting screwed again by picking out of the top five. We would still be garbage at the PG position so would you guys be okay with offering our early first to Minnesota for Kris Dunn?

no.

I was never a fan of Dunn. his scouting report was very similar to payton's scouting report. majority of his baskets getting to the rim. high turnovers. should be a good defender but needs to keep up his focus on the defensive end.

Dunn turns 23 soon and hasn't shown much when he does get time. Not sure why we'd prefer him to Payton.

no

You don't think Kris Dunn is worth say the 7th or 8th overall pick. You get a good young PG with a year under his belt and would be better IMO than any other player at that spot assuming Ball, Smith Jr., and Fultz are all gone. Kris Dunn could arguably go top seven in this draft.

You don't think Kris Dunn is worth say the 7th or 8th overall pick. You get a good young PG with a year under his belt and would be better IMO than any other player at that spot assuming Ball, Smith Jr., and Fultz are all gone. Kris Dunn could arguably go top seven in this draft.

what makes you think he's a good young pg?

I'd argue Dunn would be the 6th point guard taken in this draft. 7th if you want to lump monk in with that group.

We already have a young PG with more experience.

no.

I was never a fan of Dunn. his scouting report was very similar to payton's scouting report. majority of his baskets getting to the rim. high turnovers. should be a good defender but needs to keep up his focus on the defensive end.

Dunn turns 23 soon and hasn't shown much when he does get time. Not sure why we'd prefer him to Payton.

Well I think Dunn is much more gifted offensively than Payton. I'm just looking at options because if we don't get one of the top three PG's our team will continue to be trash until we get a PG who can shoot, play defense, and run a team effectively. Getting Tatum or Jackson won't help us unless we have a better PG in my opinion

Well I think Dunn is much more gifted offensively than Payton. I'm just looking at options because if we don't get one of the top three PG's our team will continue to be trash until we get a PG who can shoot, play defense, and run a team effectively. Getting Tatum or Jackson won't help us unless we have a better PG in my opinion

Dunn cant shoot though.

this isn't a situation where Dunn isn't getting a chance and just needs an opportunity.

for the season he's a 3, 2, and 3 player on 36/27/58 shooting

as a starter he's a 5, 4, and 5 player on 30/57/57 shooting (he made 4 of 7 threes in 6 games)

when he gets big minutes (20+) he's a 5, 4, and 5 player on 39/45/60 shooting (5/11 from 3 in 11 games)

he's 24 days younger than payton. he was supposed to be an NBA ready guy. He's just not good. he's a player that scouts fell in love with as a player in a group of pretty bad players.

Ok so let me ask you guys this because so many of you guys don't want Jackson or want us to tank badly. I for one am tired of losing and I think we'll be in better shape if we got Jackson for the "right price of course" and Tatum or Monk instead of hoping for the right pick. I'm all about getting someone proven then HOPING for a pick we may not get or assuming some other team will trade with us during the draft so we can move up. PG's are the most important player on teams and GM's won't give up an opportunity draft a Fultz or Ball unless they're are getting a superstar in return which we don't have. For example, if the Celtics win the lottery I could see them giving up the pick to acquire a star like Paul George to put them over the top. The Magic offering the 6th and 25th pick isn't as enticing. Minnesota Los Angeles may be worse than us at the moment but have much more potential and are ready to take a step forward. They have good young talent and may trade for a veteran of they have a early pick. No I'm not saying Dunn is a all world talent by any means but I truly believe he has way more potential than Payton as a PG. Just my opinion