Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Paying Biyombo and Noah $35M/year for the next 3 years isn't all that appealing...

Its sacrificing 3 years to have a better 2020-2023. If we draft smith at 6, one of monk, Isaac, or potentially Tatum is going to fall to 8. You get cap room with a 24 year old smith, a 24 year old Isaac/Monk, a 26 year old Gordon, whoever we draft over the next couple years, and I dunno, hezonja if we're lucky. Sure Noah is an albatross we carry around for a while but is that a huge issue if we're getting another pitch to swing at in this draft?

plus, in the short term, smith-ross-Isaac-Gordon-biyombo meeks-mario- whoever you get for the MLE-hopefully one of the second rounders is a rotation player is probably good enough to compete for a playoff spot.

would you trade #6 to Denver for Mudiay, 13. and a 2019 pick?

No, don't care for Muiday much. We need to bring in 2 good players from the draft and NEVER sign the Jeff Green's of the NBA to huge 1 year contracts ever again!

We might, MIGHT, be able to swing a deal for a 8-12 pick as I could see new York doing something like 25, Fournier and vucevic for 8 noah and lee. I could see charlotte and Detroit not wanting another rookie.

But there is zero chance. ZERO! that philly, phoenix, and sacramento trade their pick unless they want to move down slightly during the draft. Like if we love Jackson and philly loves monk and/or smith philly will draft Jackson then trade him to us if smith or monk is still available. But there will be no obtaining a second top 5 pick. wont happen.

I think Fournier, our late 1st, and a top 2 protected 2018 might be worth a look by Philly for #3 and somebody they don't want.

I think Fournier, our late 1st, and a top 2 protected 2018 might be worth a look by Philly for #3 and somebody they don't want.

no its not. its nowhere near enough. Fournier, 6, and a future protected pick would be enough. Fournier, 25 and a future pick is not in the ballpark at all.

its the same thing we just talked about. if young prospect, 13 and future pick isn't anywhere near good enough to get 6 from us, why would young prospect, 25, and future pick be able to get 3?

Understand your homerism

We might, MIGHT, be able to swing a deal for a 8-12 pick as I could see new York doing something like 25, Fournier and vucevic for 8 noah and lee.

Sign me up

I'd take a Fox/Smith/Monk and Tatum/Isaac sandwich please. We need to reboot this team with fresh young players with loads of potential.