Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

The way the last 5 years have gone, it wouldn't surprise me if we drafted Frank Ntilikina...and have him tell us 2 days later he doesn't want to play in the NBA and stays overseas.

no, its OG Anunoby. we'll draft him because he's going to be the next Kawhi. he's going to be a high level workout guy but has limited college production. He'll be an interesting, solid nba player who can play both ways. But not great.

Here was your exact quote after someone listed a bunch of nonsense regarding how it is rigged: "I think it's pretty obvious. Don't know how one can think otherwise."

You said this without realizing any of the details regarding how the draft lottery is performed. You had made up your mind that it must be rigged. Then, after being given the info that explains how rigging it would be impossible, I'm supposed to praise you for your "critical thinking" for being marginally less skeptical?

You are truly a Socrates of our time. Sorry for doubting your thinking skills.

I'm just gonna leave it. You're on some other ****.

Can we just talk about players now?

I honestly don't get it. I mentioned an opinion and got info and acknowledged I had no clue about it.

Isaac has the top projected Statistical Plus Minus (SPM) for his first five years in the NBA, according to our model, which gives him a 64 percent chance to play at the level of a bona fide NBA starter or better. Isaac has the third-best adjusted defensive rebounding percentage in this draft class and a 55 percent adjusted effective field goal percentage, which is as good as any other small forward in this draft class. His college stats are most similar to those of Otto Porter, who was selected No. 3 by the Washington Wizards in 2013 and was a key piece for a team that finished a win away from the Eastern Conference finals this season.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19403402/potential-2017-nba-draft-steals

I think he moves up as he works out for teams. I wouldn't be surprised he goes before we pick.

I would, but if he does so be it. Increases the odds that DSJ and/or Tatum will be there at 6

I would, but if he does so be it. Increases the odds that DSJ and/or Tatum will be there at 6

tatum scares me because I don't know what to think about his game. I have no basis for this and I think I'd be fine with him if we ended up drafting him. But I know exactly how Smith or monk or Isaac or fox fits on this team and in the nba as a whole. But Tatum is weird. its kind of the same thing with lonzo.

tatum scares me because I don't know what to think about his game. I have no basis for this and I think I'd be fine with him if we ended up drafting him. But I know exactly how Smith or monk or Isaac or fox fits on this team and in the nba as a whole. But Tatum is weird. its kind of the same thing with lonzo.

I feel the same. There's a growing part of me that would be disappointed if we got him over Smith, Monk and Isaac.

I hear you, I'm solidly on the DSJ train and have been for a while now. I like him at 6 way more than Ball at 2, but that's LA's problem not ours

I hear you, I'm solidly on the DSJ train and have been for a while now. I like him at 6 way more than Ball at 2, but that's LA's problem not ours

yeah, and I think that's what smith has best going for him. Fit.

I know exactly what he is. He can run a pick and roll. he's going to be able to get to the rim. he's going to be able to pull up when guys go under screens. he's going to be feisty and angry and go at people when he feels slighted. He's going to try to dunk on guys. He's going to shoot a bad 30 footer when we're down 5 with 90 seconds left to try to get us back into the game. I see it. I cant see the level of success or failure he has. but his game is obvious.

Maybe he ends up being steve francis where he flashes then slowly burns out before accomplishing anything. Maybe [player x] ends up being a better bet. But I know who he is and that's comforting in a way.