Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Surprised we haven't talked about local kid Tacko Fall. I'd take a flyer on him in the 2nd round (assuming he is still there).

Eh sure in the second. I'm just not very optimistic. Giants tend to have a few dominant games against opponents who lack size because it's not unusual for most teams to start a 6'8 center. Thabeet was similar and dejuan Blair dominating him should have been the sign that his ceiling was limited.

So it's nice that tacko fall is getting some attention and you can pretty much convince me to take a flyer on any somewhat promising player but going scoreless against uconn and eastern Carolina and playing poorly against Seattle who all have 7 foot guys to match up doesn't bode well

Eh sure in the second. I'm just not very optimistic. Giants tend to have a few dominant games against opponents who lack size because it's not unusual for most teams to start a 6'8 center. Thabeet was similar and dejuan Blair dominating him should have been the sign that his ceiling was limited.

So it's nice that tacko fall is getting some attention and you can pretty much convince me to take a flyer on any somewhat promising player but going scoreless against uconn and eastern Carolina and playing poorly against Seattle who all have 7 foot guys to match up doesn't bode well

He's still dominating by college basketball standards. He's tops in the nation in a few categories. Draft express has him going late in the first. I don't think he'll go that high but definitely will be drafted in second round.

Surprised we haven't talked about local kid Tacko Fall. I'd take a flyer on him in the 2nd round (assuming he is still there).

I mentioned him a few pages back. I'll take a flier on him in the 2nd round sure.

What do people think of Isaac? Who are his comps?

Rudy gay.

Don't take that as a negative. He's a high potential forward that can play both forward positions, shoot, and handle the ball at 6'10. But he floats a lot which might be a result of playing on a deep team as a freshman. His game and the situation remind me so much of gay at Connecticut.

Hopefully he uses his talents better than Rudy

Also Paul George or poor man's Durant feel a little lazy and are loaded comparisons because Durant was fierce in college and George played lazy

There aren't a ton of 6'10 lanky wings with guard skills for comparisons

Rudy gay.

Don't take that as a negative. He's a high potential forward that can play both forward positions, shoot, and handle the ball at 6'10. But he floats a lot which might be a result of playing on a deep team as a freshman. His game and the situation remind me so much of gay at Connecticut.

Hopefully he uses his talents better than Rudy

Interesting. I noticed him floating today, so I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it. Obviously, he's got talent, I just don't know if he's an alpha dog.