Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

I keep coming back to the idea of turning Malik Monk into a point guard. I think that could turn out great

Based on what?

If you draft players hoping to turn them into something else, you're more than likely gonna wind up knee deep in ****.

Based on what?

If you draft players hoping to turn them into something else, you're more than likely gonna wind up knee deep in ****.

You could always put him back at SG if it didn't work out.

He's listed as PG/SG in some websites and has a nice skillset to be a modern, not that ball-dominant PG.

There are some success cases like Westbrook

So it seems if we stay around 4-6 we are taking one of Tatum, Issac, Monk, Smith jr, fox.

So who fits our team currently the best if Gordon and Payton make marginal improvements?

Who has the highest upside in regards to our team?

Who has the highest floor in regards to our team?

I like it factor guys. Who has the killer instinct despite other questions? I think this one is Monk.

I personally care 0% about fit with out team. I want the BPA. This team sucks far to much to worry any amount about fit. The only position I'm any bit comfortable with is AG at the 4.

I agree with Monk. But you could argue Fox has the "it" factor. Anyone can watch the UCLA tape and see the killer instinct you talk about.

I've been saying for a while I want one of the guards (SmithJr/Monk/Fox) or i'll be letdown. This assuming Tatum is off the board at 4.

Based on what?

Monk could be a perfect PG on a team like Philly where he's the "pg" but he's really playing off ball because they have a point forward in Giannis.

You could always put him back at SG if it didn't work out.

He's listed as PG/SG in some websites and has a nice skillset to be a modern, not that ball-dominant PG.

There are some success cases like Westbrook

Yeah but as your primary ball handler and facilitator, that's a bad mistake.

Works if you got LeBron, Simmons, Giannis, etc.

Monk could be a perfect PG on a team like Philly where he's the "pg" but he's really playing off ball because they have a point forward in Giannis.

Right but we don't have a Giannis

Right but we don't have a Giannis

They're so many players in the NBA now that run the 1 or 2 I don't really see it as being an issue. I think whoever drafts him gives him a shot at playing point but he might end up more a Lou Williams, Eric Gordon, CJ Mcollum type player.

They're so many players in the NBA now that run the 1 or 2 I don't really see it as being an issue. I think whoever drafts him gives him a shot at playing point but he might end up more a Lou Williams, Eric Gordon, CJ Mcollum type player.

Yeah but Houston has Harden and Portland has Lillard.

You gotta have a facilitator.

Yeah but Houston has Harden and Portland has Lillard.

You gotta have a facilitator.

Lillard is a very average facilitator.

Lillard is a very average facilitator.

He's alright. He does a decent job.

In college his assist percentage was waaay higher than Monks but of course he wasn't running with Fox either.

I think Monk as a point for 10 or so minutes is ok.

Monk as your primary point? Think you're doing exactly what we did with Dipo and AG.

Monk is a scorer. Don't change that.

He's alright. He does a decent job.

In college his assist percentage was waaay higher than Monks but of course he wasn't running with Fox either.

I think Monk as a point for 10 or so minutes is ok.

Monk as your primary point? Think you're doing exactly what we did with Dipo and AG.

Monk is a scorer. Don't change that.

I'm not disagreeing. I think Monk will be better in a more SG type role with the ability to play point but not primarily. Having said that, maybe he does have the ability to become a Westbrook type player we really don't know what his ceiling is.