Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

I'd trade both 1st rounders, both 2nd rounders, Fournier, Vuc and Mario for Fultz and not even flinch.

There's not too much I wouldn't trade for Fultz.

the only thing I wouldn't do is trade a bunch of picks and saddle the team with a bunch of large, immovable contracts that would destroy any hope of obtaining free agents to help him.

but, in a vacuum, if I could trade all of our picks this year, the better 2019 pick, our 2021 pick, and everyone so that we end up with a roster that's basically Fultz-meeks-hezonja (assuming hezonja is the least valuable of him, Fournier, ross)- some replacement level PF like James Johnson or whatever-Biyombo and a couple bad contracts I'd do it.

like lets say Charlotte gets #1 and we get pick #3. and Charlotte is like "we love Kemba. we really like Johnson in the draft. lets trade down" So we trade all of the picks stated above and the players in separate deals end up taking back MKG, Plumlee, and Jeremy Lamb. so we end up with a rotation of Fultz-Meeks-Hezonja-MKG-Biyombo Augustin, Lamb, Plumlee and whatever we want to do with our 24 million in cap space I'd do that.

out of all of the players in the draft over the last 5 years I feel the best about Fultz.

the only thing I wouldn't do is trade a bunch of picks and saddle the team with a bunch of large, immovable contracts that would destroy any hope of obtaining free agents to help him.

but, in a vacuum, if I could trade all of our picks this year, the better 2019 pick, our 2021 pick, and everyone so that we end up with a roster that's basically Fultz-meeks-hezonja (assuming hezonja is the least valuable of him, Fournier, ross)- some replacement level PF like James Johnson or whatever-Biyombo and a couple bad contracts I'd do it.

like lets say Charlotte gets #1 and we get pick #3. and Charlotte is like "we love Kemba. we really like Johnson in the draft. lets trade down" So we trade all of the picks stated above and the players in separate deals end up taking back MKG, Plumlee, and Jeremy Lamb. so we end up with a rotation of Fultz-Meeks-Hezonja-MKG-Biyombo Augustin, Lamb, Plumlee and whatever we want to do with our 24 million in cap space I'd do that.

out of all of the players in the draft over the last 5 years I feel the best about Fultz.

Let's wait for the lottery to take place. Imagine the Sixers can draft at 1 (own pick) and 4 (Lakers pick), maybe we can work something out, otherwise I don't know who would be intersted in any potential 'package' we can offer.

Even AG? Damn, that's cold

Let's wait for the lottery to take place. Imagine the Sixers can draft at 1 (own pick) and 4 (Lakers pick), maybe we can work something out, otherwise I don't know who would be intersted in any potential 'package' we can offer.

there wouldn't be a way to trade for Fultz if any team who needs a point guard gets #1.

Even AG? Damn, that's cold

I love AG. Fultz just checks too many boxes.

he's one of the youngest players in the draft.

he's got + size being 6'5 with a 6'10 wingspan

he's got + athleticism

he's projected as a great defensive player.

he's got elite offensive production, few players have ever hit 23 ppg as freshmen.

he's a good passer.

he's a high volume three point shooter shooting 41.3% from 3.

he scores in a variety of ways. look at his highlight tape. threes. dunks. cool. he attacks closeouts with midrange pullups. he knifes through the lane utilizing dribble moves in crowds. he attacks bigmen and finishes through contact. He runs off screens for catch and shoot opportunities.

not a great free throw shooter. that's about it.

there wouldn't be a way to trade for Fultz if any team who needs a point guard gets #1.

In that case I am with you, but if the Sixers have the #1 and #4 and we have let's say the #3. The Sixers could still agree to swap draft choices (+ x) and get Lonzo Ball at #3.

also note, it's only 2 games but Ibaka is averaging 17.5 10.5 and 2.5 blocks per game on 46% three point shooting so far in the playoffs.

Sucks he didn't play hard regularly for us.

I think the only situation im mad after this draft is if at 5 we take Issac over SmithJR, Monk and Fox.

Someone talk me into Fox. I understand he is very athletic, but otherwise what does he give us that Payton doesn't?

Someone talk me into Fox. I understand he is very athletic, but otherwise what does he give us that Payton doesn't?

I love Fox. I see a lot of John Wall in him. Compared to EP, I think he's much faster, has a much better looking and hopeful shot, plays much better defense, plays more consistently, and displays superior leadership traits. People dog his shot but he made 73% of his free throws, which is a solid sign. And comparing the two as freshman, it's not even close. I think Fox can be very special, and I think he proved as the year went on that he's hungry to prove it.

Given how far we have to go to become relevant, if we draft a PG early, I really hope we work to flip EP, Fournier, or Vooch plus our 25th pick to Sacramento for 8 or 10 and snag Isaac. #dreamscenario