Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

I will not accept this. The last 5 years have been an absolute wasteland in the lottery. It's been totally random. The last team to get a sure fire, slam dunk prospect still sucks!(Anthony Davis, yeah 6 years ago). We have to do better.

Karl-Anthony Towns is a slam dunk, sure fire prospect... You could even make a solid argument for Towns over Davis.

Karl-Anthony Towns is a slam dunk, sure fire prospect... You could even make a solid argument for Towns over Davis.

Yeah they still suck! I sense a pattern.

I will not accept this. The last 5 years have been an absolute wasteland in the lottery. It's been totally random. The last team to get a sure fire, slam dunk prospect still sucks!(Anthony Davis, yeah 6 years ago). We have to do better.

Towns

Wiggins

Simmons

Drafts are always somewhat random in every-sport but the one constant is the closer to the top you pick the better chances you have of obtaining a better player.

Let's do a what if scenario. There are a few teams in the top 10 that have clear cut players that would be perfect based on fit:

Minnestoa = Markennan

Philly = Monk

Boston = Jackson

Who is our perfect "fit"? Not talking BPA here, who is the player you think would fit best with our current roster? So no trade scenarios, no what ifs, just which player do you think would be our perfect fit at 5 with our current roster?

For the sake of things, let's assume Fultz/Ball/Jackson are out of the equation here.

I'd say Tatum.

Payton/Mario/Ross/Tatum/AG

The ultimate small ball lineup. Obviously this would be a situational lineup but fun nonetheless.

It would probably be more Payton/Fournier/Tatum/AG/Biz.

I think that true 3 in Tatumwould be the perfect fit for us.

Let's do a what if scenario. There are a few teams in the top 10 that have clear cut players that would be perfect based on fit:

Minnestoa = Markennan

Philly = Monk

Boston = Jackson

Who is our perfect "fit"? Not talking BPA here, who is the player you think would fit best with our current roster? So no trade scenarios, no what ifs, just which player do you think would be our perfect fit at 5 with our current roster?

For the sake of things, let's assume Fultz/Ball/Jackson are out of the equation here.

Monk I guess

Minnestoa = Markennan

Philly = Monk

Boston = Jackson

I'd say Tatum.

The ultimate small ball lineup. Obviously this would be a situational lineup but fun nonetheless.

Tatum monk or smith really. None are perfect but they fix some things.

Tatum monk or smith really. None are perfect but they fix some things.

Yea it's not that clear cut for us. For as bad as we are we don't have 1 gaping hole just a bunch of smaller ones.

Yea it's not that clear cut for us. For as bad as we are we don't have 1 gaping hole just a bunch of smaller ones.

I think the hole is "guy who can manufacture offense by himself" and those three guys all have some signs of being that guy

Minnestoa = Markennan

Philly = Monk

Boston = Jackson

I'd say Tatum.

Fournier is not a 2 it's not his best position. Payton-Ross-Fournier-Tatum-AG would be our fun lineup. Or just trade AG probably our best asset.