Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

I understand there are reservations. Fine by me. He knows he's not going #1 so why not try and position yourself to get picked by your #1 destination?

If the Celtics pick him it's not like he will refuse to play.

All in all if teams choose to pass on him fine by me but it won't and shouldn't be because of his dad. It will be because of comments like the Laker/#1 pick comment.

His dad is not an issue. He holds no power.

Lonzo said he'd play anywhere but it would be a blessing to play at home. That doesn't bother me at all. If it was me, I'd love to play for Orlando.

Lavar's comment about three white guys though? Nah uh. Totally unacceptable. As far as him just being a dad with no power, just you wait. When agents are going to be hired watch what happens.

Unfortunately, that last statement is incorrect. Lonzo has signed with a new agent who will work for the newly formed "Ball Sports Group," which will be run by Lonzo's father: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-ucla-star-lonzo-ball-files-draft-paperwork-hires-representation-143650475.html

There is a CBA. He holds the same power as every other agent.

The Laker comment means more than anything else said. Lavar talking about billion dollar shoe deals, too many white kids on a team, being better than Jordan mean jack ****.

My initial point was his dad is an idiot and there have been plenty of idiots in players ears. 9-10 times the idiot doesn't get they're way.

Ideally we bump the Lakers out of the top 3, take their 2019 first rounder, select Ball, and them make them pay dearly in a trade for him. This is assuming they want him as much as he desires to play for them, which is not a given.

Ideally we bump the Lakers out of the top 3, take their 2019 first rounder, select Ball, and them make them pay dearly in a trade for him. This is assuming they want him as much as he desires to play for them, which is not a given.

I'm not sure they could afford him.

bumping them means no 2017 pick or 2019

and I'm not about to trade #2 for an unprotected 2021 pick, Russell, Ingram, or Randle.

Ball is fine although questionable. I was just saying all the BS outside the court doesn't bother me and I could care less. If we are lucky I'd like Jackson. After that Tatum. After that just give me the best scorer left. The guy who is straight attack mode!

yea I'm with you on that. let the dad say whatever, it's got no bearing. so what he's a fool, i've heard worse.

but that's interesting way to evaluate players, and I wonder how much GMs take something like that into consideration. It's a make or break league like someone said; I think having that alpha mindset within the group of all players goes underrated sometimes.

I'm not sure they could afford him.

bumping them means no 2017 pick or 2019

and I'm not about to trade #2 for an unprotected 2021 pick, Russell, Ingram, or Randle.

Maybe not, but we seriously lack talent and they do have some young talent to cherry pick. Would depend on how much they want the guy (or whoever at number 2/3) but it might be worth (for us) it if it only costs us a slot or two in the draft and we still get a stud at say #4

I didn't think it would be much of an issue until he said he'd rather be a laker than the number 1 pick.

Plenty of players have problems family members.

Plenty of players have favorite teams

Not many players put going to a specific team over personal achievement.

I'd rather play for the Magic than be #1 pick if i knew i'd still go top 3. I don't think wanting to play for the team you grew up watching is that bad

I'd rather play for the Magic than be #1 pick if i knew i'd still go top 3. I don't think wanting to play for the team you grew up watching is that bad

Its bad if New Orleans or someone drafted you number one.

Wanting to play for a specific team is great IF YOU'RE THAT TEAM.

Maybe not, but we seriously lack talent and they do have some young talent to cherry pick. Would depend on how much they want the guy (or whoever at number 2/3) but it might be worth (for us) it if it only costs us a slot or two in the draft and we still get a stud at say #4

we wouldn't be able to get #4 because #4 would be going to philly.

we wouldn't be able to get #4 because #4 would be going to philly.

Oh yeah, der. Well then let's just get top 3 for the leverage and possibilities. Top 3 seems like the absolute place to be, maybe moreso than any draft in recent memory