Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

I just don't know if teams take a gamble on Fox hoping he becomes a better shooter.

I could see Tatum there. Jackson and Isaac have higher upsides which is what kind of players go high in a draft like this one.

I'm curious if LA takes Ball or not. Are they just blowing smoke or is there some legit doubt coming from them?

If Fox's shooting doesn't develop, but brings top tier defense and play making to the table, then that can be enough for some teams to warrant picking that player and giving them the keys at the PG position. It's what we've done by going to Payton. Accept that he might never be a great shooter but bet on his defense and play making to become a Rondo like player.

The other issue with that mock is them selecting Smith and Ntilikina. They might need a PG but drafting two of them? I'm not sure I'd be on board with that if it was us.

I think the Lakers could pass on Ball if the rumors are true and they have seen someone else that they think can be special. Josh Jackson could be a really good player, Fox is well regarded by some, and there's always the potential of them adding a scorer like Tatum if felt they wanted to go down that route. Personally i think Ball gets picked by the Lakers, but if they don't Jackson is certainly a decent alternative though it would create an issue over who they start out of him, Ingram and Randle. Unless Jackson plays SG?

So some reporter from Phoenix is saying Jackson got a promise from the Lakers at 2 but it could be Philly making the promis. Meanwhile LA is throwing stuff out there like Ball's conditioning is a concern.

Draft is heating up.

And there's this

http://i.imgur.com/XyJBKwx.png

The next 10 days are misdirection season

If Fox's shooting doesn't develop, but brings top tier defense and play making to the table, then that can be enough for some teams to warrant picking that player and giving them the keys at the PG position. It's what we've done by going to Payton. Accept that he might never be a great shooter but bet on his defense and play making to become a Rondo like player.

The other issue with that mock is them selecting Smith and Ntilikina. They might need a PG but drafting two of them? I'm not sure I'd be on board with that if it was us.

I think the Lakers could pass on Ball if the rumors are true and they have seen someone else that they think can be special. Josh Jackson could be a really good player, Fox is well regarded by some, and there's always the potential of them adding a scorer like Tatum if felt they wanted to go down that route. Personally i think Ball gets picked by the Lakers, but if they don't Jackson is certainly a decent alternative though it would create an issue over who they start out of him, Ingram and Randle. Unless Jackson plays SG?

New NBA has trended towards capable shooting PG'S.

We got a draft that has a few who can shoot and score.

Ntilikina could be a SG. He's got the length and shot to do it.

The next 10 days are misdirection season

I know. Even Boston is in on it.

ESPN's Jeff Goodman on D&H: Markelle Fultz didn’t shoot ball well in workout with Celtics http://www.weei.com/blogs/weei/espns-jeff-goodman-dh-markelle-fultz-didn%E2%80%99t-shoot-ball-well-workout-celtics

And of course

Projected No. 1 pick Markelle Fultz is expected to meet this week with the Lakers, per source. Has met with Celtics

Randle is probably best as a bench scorer

The only player being talked about for us at 6 that I'd be mad about drafting is Isaac. Just don't see any sort of superstar upside and that's what we need, or at least a high level scorer.

The only player being talked about for us at 6 that I'd be mad about drafting is Isaac. Just don't see any sort of superstar upside and that's what we need, or at least a high level scorer.

I agree

I'm 95% sure he's the guy we're getting though :svgsad:

I'm mad if we choose him over Smith or Monk.

Would you choose Tatum over him?