Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

I hope some of these Mocks are accurate in regards to which players will fall to the 20's.

Giles

Rabb

Kennard

Leaf

Patton

Kurucs

Would love one of those guys.

Here's an interesting scenario.

we end up in a situation where we jump to #2 and the lakers fall to 5 which means philly ends up with picks number 5 and 6.

would you trade 2 for 5 and 6?

Absolutely

I like Semi Ojeleye with the second pick.

Hey we can agree on something. I love Ojeleye, I originally was hoping we could get him in the second but it looks like he will be moving up to that mid to late 20's range.

That guy is a man. Built like a tank. His college career was weird but that's what can happen when you go to a school like Duke and play behind a bunch of first round picks.

I get a Jimmy Butler vibe from him.

• Upvote 1

Hey we can agree on something. I love Ojeleye, I originally was hoping we could get him in the second but it looks like he will be moving up to that mid to late 20's range.

That guy is a man. Built like a tank. His college career was weird but that's what can happen when you go to a school like Duke and play behind a bunch of first round picks.

I get a Jimmy Butler vibe from him.

with that pick in the 20s and being our second first rounder you can argue a bunch of different directions to go.

Do you draft a guy with only 1 projectable nba talent but that talent could be great? Sure.

Do you draft a sleeper that you think didn't play up to his talent? Sure.

Do you draft a guy with a very low ceiling but is very likely to have a 10 year nba career? Sure.

Guy who drops due to character concerns? Sure

Failed drug test guy? Sure.

Do you draft a Giles who might not even be an NBA player but you should check out because he was the number one pick for a while and could get back there? Sure.

Draft and stash overseas for a couple years? Sure.

Trade it for a quality rotation player? sure.

Trade it for a future first? Sure.

The only guy I wouldn't draft at 24 is a guy that doesn't do anything high level but could be a rotation player or could be cut. Leave that guy for the second round.

lets update the scenario.

would you trade 2 and 24 for 5 and 6?

Right now knowing what we know, yup. Once workouts begin that might change.

lets update the scenario.

would you trade 2 and 24 for 5 and 6?

Yes. It's still not much of a debate for me.

I could be completely off base--but I truly think 2 picks in the top 6 of this draft could be enough to turn any franchise around. Not instant title contenders--but it would give any fan base a real sense of hope and direction.

Let's just say we draft Fox at 5 and Issac at 6 or Smith Jr and Issac or Smith Jr and Monk.

You mix them with Mario and AG. All the sudden you not only have a roster oozing with potential but you have more trade ammunition to fill in holes where you see fit.

Basically I would rather have any combo of two of the top 6 players versus any 1 player (with maybe the exception being the #1 overall pick, but even than I'd consider it).

Edit: As i re-read this I couldn't help but get overly excited about paring either Fox or Smith Jr with Monk. Completely catapult us to what should become a top 3 NBA backcourt.

SmJR/Monk/Mario/AG/Biz

Than you have some serious trade options too. Let me just stop here, getting me to excited.

Yeah i think I'd rather have two of Tatum, monk, and smith over just ball.

Tatum could go 3-4 though but yeah...Smith and Isaac isn't too shabby either if Tatum isn't there.