Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

WOW!

Tatum with an absolute gorgeous sequence.

Came over to help on D and got the block, grabbed the ball and completely ran the break by himself and finished at the rim.

Kid is special.

His performance in the ACC tournament has been impressive. His average outside shooting is a little concerning but his isolation scoring is impressive for a freshman both from the perimeter and in the post. Even if he doesn't improve much I can see him being Otto Porter. He has potential to be like a prime Danny Granger or Paul Pierce type scorer.

His performance in the ACC tournament has been impressive. His average outside shooting is a little concerning but his isolation scoring is impressive for a freshman both from the perimeter and in the post. Even if he doesn't improve much I can see him being Otto Porter. He has potential to be like a prime Danny Granger or Paul Pierce type scorer.

Yeah. These 4 games changed my mind on tatum. My problem with him was poor games against athletic nba style wings that unc, fsu, Miami, Clemson, and Louisville have.

Then he put up 23ppg against Clemson, Louisville, and unc this week.

Good enough for me.

The switching doesn't bother me. The fact that he only had 1 board last night bothers me a whole lot more. If they're switching on you you have to either punish the smaller guy in the post or on the offensive glass. Obviously he can develop his post game but the lack of boards in a college game is worrying.

It wouldn't bother me as much of it didn't lead to him averaging 11.5 ppg on 16% three point shooting for the entire month of February.

It wouldn't bother me as much of it didn't lead to him averaging 11.5 ppg on 16% three point shooting for the entire month of February.

Wow. I did not know he was playing that badly. He was always like my 5th guy but he's more like 8th or 9th now.

Isn't this how people defend Porz and Dirk? Not saying Markennan is either of those guys but it's nothing new.

The general rule of thumb is you shouldn't compare a guy to a hall of famer as they're likely the exception to the rule.

Assuming markkannen isn't the best shooting big man of all time his most likely career path is somewhere on the Ryan Anderson, Channing Frye, Anthony Tolliver spectrum.

Let's just simplify it and say he's going to be Anderson. We all know Anderson is *****ing terrifying as a bit player pin a good team. Give him space and you're dead. But if you can limit that you end up with a player who's weaknesses outweigh his strengths. His value goes up the more options you have ahead of him in the offense.

I kinda think that's markkannen's deal. Elite open three point shooter. Probably doesn't do much in the nba after a closeout. He'd probably look like a taller Klay Thompson if he ended up on golden State but would look like mirotic on any of the lotto teams missing a star player.

We are 0.01% away from having the worst 3pt shooting team in the league.

I really want shooters with our "other" picks in the draft.

I was looking, and 4 of our starters are shooting worse than 28% from 3. That's incredible. Ross shooting 26% in his 11 games with Orlando.

It's not much prettier with our bench.

DJ the best at 35%, CJ at 33% Green at 27% Mario 30%.

I am not convinced you can be a successful team in todays NBA when DJ Augustine is your best three point shooter. Fournier has been shooting better of late but he's almost -5% off last year's numbers.

• Upvote 1

I was looking, and 4 of our starters are shooting worse than 28% from 3. That's incredible. Ross shooting 26% in his 11 games with Orlando.

I am not convinced you can be a successful team in todays NBA when DJ Augustine is your best three point shooter. Fournier has been shooting better of late but he's almost -5% off last year's numbers.

We really do suck.

Management, Coaching and Players

Big stretch coming up for our potential draft pick. 76ers vs Lakers, Knicks vs Nets and Trailblazers vs Suns today. We play the Kings, Warriors, Suns and 76ers for our next 4 games.

That's insanely bad

• Upvote 1

Fox won the MVP in the SEC tournament. He's clearly the floor general for UK, and he's shooting 50% from three over his last 6 games. I'll be watching to see if he continues his improved shooting in the NCAA tourney.