Sign in to follow this  
The Boss

Help me win some money off a friend

I've got a mate of mine who wants to make some bets against me involving the Magic. The bets all center around final positions in the East and I can make all separate bets. He'll probably take some interesting player type bets as well, he loves gambling.

Basically need to pick the most likely teams we will finish higher than in the East. The teams he really wants to bet with are New York and Miami, he thinks both will finish higher than us. Others he included were Chicago, Detroit, Charlotte, Hawks, Celtics. Possibly Bucks and Wizards but I can't remember. He basically doesn't think the Magic will do too well so I want to pick the best teams to take up bets. He also offered a straight up bet of Magic to not make playoffs.

What do you think are good bets to try and take up? Any player related bets that will sound good to him but favour me? (he knows a bit about the NBA but not that much about the Magic, just the basics).

I liked the Bulls but if they click with the Rondo-Wade-Butler experiment they might actually be good. I also liked NY but was worried that if they stay injury free they would be pretty strong. I like the bet against Miami as well, but a lot of that depends on Bosh.

Little worried about the Hawks, they still have; Schroder - Korver - Bazemore - Millsap - Howard

Wizards; Wall - Beal - Otto - Morris - Gortat - Baby Duncan ;) A lot depends on Beal being healthy, they are a much better team when he's playing well.

I've got a mate of mine who wants to make some bets against me involving the Magic. The bets all center around final positions in the East and I can make all separate bets. He'll probably take some interesting player type bets as well, he loves gambling.

Basically need to pick the most likely teams we will finish higher than in the East. The teams he really wants to bet with are New York and Miami, he thinks both will finish higher than us. Others he included were Chicago, Detroit, Charlotte, Hawks, Celtics. Possibly Bucks and Wizards but I can't remember. He basically doesn't think the Magic will do too well so I want to pick the best teams to take up bets. He also offered a straight up bet of Magic to not make playoffs.

What do you think are good bets to try and take up? Any player related bets that will sound good to him but favour me? (he knows a bit about the NBA but not that much about the Magic, just the basics).

Same betting format here with 2 of my friends, last season I lost to his hornets. This upcoming season he's going for the nets and friend#2 wants nyk/bulls.