Sign in to follow this  
barnettej

2017 Playoffs or Henny is Fired

Hennigan needs to go now.

I understand that he inherited the Dwight Howard mess. However, Otis Smith also inherited the Tracy McGrady mess, and by this point in the rebuild, we were on our way to the Finals.

Hennigan has done absolutely nothing with this roster in the name of cap space. Now we have it, and there are names out there, and we've done nothing to even enter the conversation. So we have all this cap space. For what? Jody Meeks?

We trade away our top young developing talent for a role player in Serge Ibaka, putting him in a position to be our #1 when he's not a #1 player.

I am 100% done with Hennigan. Talk bad about Otis all you want, but he took the T-Mac situation and turned us into an NBA Finals team. Hennigan has taken the Dwight Howard situation and run us into the ground into irrelevance.

He needs to go. Not in 2017 when we inevitably miss the playoffs again. But yesterday. But since yesterday has passed, he needs to go now. I'm sick of this guy and his awful vision of a rebuild that has us spinning our wheels in the mud.

Are you serious? Our team is STACKED while keeping financial flexibility for next season to solidify our PG and SF rotation.

What are you smoking?

Hennigan needs to go now.

I understand that he inherited the Dwight Howard mess. However, Otis Smith also inherited the Tracy McGrady mess, and by this point in the rebuild, we were on our way to the Finals.

He also inherited the 18 year-old future defensive player of the year and top 2 player in the league in his prime. Henny got Oladipo.

You're right, we're stacked. I figure the city of Orlando can go ahead and start planning that parade now right? No need for GS to hang their 73 win banner, cuz were about to win 74 AND the title.

You're right, we're stacked. I figure the city of Orlando can go ahead and start planning that parade now right? No need for GS to hang their 73 win banner, cuz were about to win 74 AND the title.

You must love straw man arguments because you just made a huge one.

We are stacked, but we have no stars besides possibly Ibaka.

Our goal right now is to make the playoffs. Then slowly build on that, adding more and more talented FA's who want to not only get paid, but win.

You must love straw man arguments because you just made a huge one.

We are stacked, but we have no stars besides possibly Ibaka.

Our goal right now is to make the playoffs. Then slowly build on that, adding more and more talented FA's who want to not only get paid, but win.

Man don't even bother with guys like that. The kind of guy that expected us to sign Durant and Horford this off-season with anything else being a failure.

Man don't even bother with guys like that. The kind of guy that expected us to sign Durant and Horford this off-season with anything else being a failure.

Yeah man it's pretty sad how short sighted a lot of fans are.

They also expect Durant and Horford to go to lottery teams.

We will probably be like BOS this upcoming year -- making the playoffs with a solid roster but no star.

But look, Durant met with Boston and now Horford is considering going there. None of those guys gave us the light of day.

• Upvote 1

No, I'm not expecting Durant or Horford. Although the original intention was to save up all this cap space to go all in for guys like that and we never even attempted to talk to them. But no, that's no my expectations.

My expectations were something. ANYTHING.

You said, in the same sentence, we're stacked but no stars. That's kind of contradictory. We have a bunch of role players on our team, but nobody to really take over as the guy. And no Ibaka is not that guy.

Gordon has potential, but up to now, that's all he is is potential. We just spent $15 mill on an 11ppg player. Luckily it was only for 1 year.

We just spent $72 million on a player that will likely be coming off the bench, unless we move our current best player. Although seeing how we moved Dipo for a role player, we probably will move Vuc for peanuts.

I like some of the pieces on our team, as parts of a larger whole. But we don't have anyone close to being THE GUY on this team. We're expecting a bunch of role players to carry us to the post season. Role players who haven't shown they are capable of doing that.

We've been stuck in the mud for going on 5 seasons now, the worst stretch in franchise history with no real indication of getting out of it anytime soon.

I'm just gonna lay it out there, no way we make the playoffs with our new roster additions.

We need a scorer in the worst possible way, we are completely missing the mark with these smoke screen moves.

I'm just gonna lay it out there, no way we make the playoffs with our new roster additions.

We need a scorer in the worst possible way, we are completely missing the mark with these smoke screen moves.

Agreed.

Hennigan has lost the benefit of the doubt from me. Now I will only believe it when I see it. And at this point, I don't believe that I'll see it as long as he's here. We need a GM that's not afraid to make a move to actually bring in talent.