Sign in to follow this  
Air Gordon

2016 Playoffs Thread

if that was true, hack-a wouldn't exist. I've played a bunch of pickup games and have never called a foul. Doesn't mean it's good for basketball

Here's whats going to happen:

16 seconds left. Golden State is down 2. Curry has the ball just into half court. Foul.

12 seconds left. Golden state inbounds the ball to curry at the break. Foul.

6 seconds left. Golden state inbounds the ball to curry. Foul

4 seconds left...

and on the other side:

Golden state is up 1 with 23 seconds left. Game over because it's really difficult to force a 5 second call.

here's how you fix it. punish flopping more. don't call cheap fouls. get rid of non-egregious offensive fouls.

They would do this in addition to getting rid of free throws. I just want to see how some of these guys would play under prison rules. They should have like a prison week in the nba where the games are called like this.

They would do this in addition to getting rid of free throws. I just want to see how some of these guys would play under prison rules. They should have like a prison week in the nba where the games are called like this.

Matt Barnes would kill someone

I don't think Detroit wants to win. They have extreme trouble being first to the ball off missed shots. Any teams that allows Thompson, Shumpert, and Smith to be effective is a team that doesn't want to win.

Therefore, I see a sweep now.

http://www.nba.com/2016/news/04/22/nba-says-james-harden-should-been-called-for-foul-on-winning-shot.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

That is the league report on the final two minutes of that game. They say that an offensive foul should have been called on the Harden shot that was the "game winner" and that there were four other blown calls. So, five blown calls in the final two minutes. Add to that the Harden leg kick on the three pointer and you have the outcome of the game actually decided by the officiating crew.

http://www.nba.com/2016/news/04/22/nba-says-james-harden-should-been-called-for-foul-on-winning-shot.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

That is the league report on the final two minutes of that game. They say that an offensive foul should have been called on the Harden shot that was the "game winner" and that there were four other blown calls. So, five blown calls in the final two minutes. Add to that the Harden leg kick on the three pointer and you have the outcome of the game actually decided by the officiating crew.

Stephen A Smith was *****ing that the league came out with this. It's not like it's the first time the NBA has admitted reffing errors(they've done it in regular season games before); it's a good thing that they do this now. I can't stand him and his BFF Skip Bayless.

Stephen A Smith was *****ing that the league came out with this. It's not like it's the first time the NBA has admitted reffing errors(they've done it in regular season games before); it's a good thing that they do this now. I can't stand him and his BFF Skip Bayless.

They've been doing a review on the final 2 minutes of the game for quite a while now, it's just magnified due to the playoffs. Five blown calls in the last two minutes is ridiculous though, especially when they straight up say that the game winning shot shouldn't have counted. I don't see the point of them making blunt statements like that because all it does is annoy fan bases even more. Anybody that watched that game last night knew James Harden got away with one on that game winner, but it happens all the time.

They've been doing a review on the final 2 minutes of the game for quite a while now, it's just magnified due to the playoffs. Five blown calls in the last two minutes is ridiculous though, especially when they straight up say that the game winning shot shouldn't have counted. I don't see the point of them making blunt statements like that because all it does is annoy fan bases even more. Anybody that watched that game last night knew James Harden got away with one on that game winner, but it happens all the time.

Exactly, they also gave Green a flagrant 1 from the reviews. Stephen A was implying that they did it because they wanted the Warriors to win (Which makes no sense, because an extra game means more revenue for the league). They are doing it to hold refs more accountable because the league has gotten a rep for looking the other way when it comes to refs(talking about the blown calls will net them more revenue in the long term since a lot of people don't watch the NBA anymore because they think it's rigged). Being a ref is hard work especially with the speed of the game, but they get paid handsomely to do it. Mistakes will be made, but at least the league is talking about it now. It would be a disservice to the fans for the league to simply ignore it.