Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Don't tell me your actually contemplating Rubio? Don't let the hamster turn that wheel for too long man.

Rubio is pretty solid. just doesn't score a lot. There's a lot of point guards I'd rather have than Rubio but it's not like Rubio is terrible.

Rubio is pretty solid. just doesn't score a lot. There's a lot of point guards I'd rather have than Rubio but it's not like Rubio is terrible.

I wouldn't mind Rubio. Better than present day Payton.

If he can shoot a little better and be an 15ppg scorer, I'd jump all over it.

What I'm worried about with Payton is how he fits with this team, even if he reaches his ultimate potential. Fournier is our only good to great outside shooter in the starting lineup and that just worries me, even if we get the rebirth of Magic Johnson as our PG.

Gordon and Ibaka say hello. Payton has already improved his 3-pt stroke in just one year.

Gordon and Ibaka say hello. Payton has already improved his 3-pt stroke in just one year.

I still maintain the more concerning thing about Payton isn't his shooting, it's his inconsistency.

His shooting isn't dramatically different than Cory Joseph, Derrick Rose, Evan Turner, Wade, Rondo, etc.

He's already improved enough for it not to be a deal breaker. The absolute number one thing Payton has to improve on is consistency. He cant play the first 17 games shooting 37% and averaging 10.5 ppg then go 13 games shooting 49% and averaging 14 ppg, then go 21 games shooting 41% and averaging 8.7 ppg, and finish the season going 48% and 11 ppg. we need his slumps to be shorter.

go look at 03/04/15-04/08/15. that's what we need from payton. 17 games. 14 ppg 9 apg 48% shooting. you still have the 5 for 14, 7 for 19, 3 for 9 type days but those are interspersed between several 50%+ games.

or 11/25/15-12/26/15 16 games 14 ppg. 6.5 apg 50% shooting.

i hope that 5 years from now we look back at these boards and realize how much we've under-estimated Payton. Elrid is the next Rondo!

Even on the remote chance he reaches that level, Rondo has not been good when not playing with 3 hall of famers

Compare that to

Paul Redick

Irving Smith Love

Korver Bazemore Millsap

Lillard McCollum

Harden Anderson

I'm not even listing Golden State because they are a cheat code

Even on the remote chance he reaches that level, Rondo has not been good when not playing with 3 hall of famers

I loved prime Rondo but he wouldn't be ideal for this team. The same way prime Derrick Rose wouldn't.

I love our team but the spacing is a huge issue that we have to adress, sooner rather than later

I loved prime Rondo but he wouldn't be ideal for this team. The same way prime Derrick Rose wouldn't.

I love our team but the spacing is a huge issue that we have to adress, sooner rather than later

we can cross the shooting bridge when we come to it. Payton's shooting might cause issues for us going from a good team to a great team but we're not even a good team yet.

The way next summer is with available point guards, it makes sense to wait this out.

I still maintain the more concerning thing about Payton isn't his shooting, it's his inconsistency.

His shooting isn't dramatically different than Cory Joseph, Derrick Rose, Evan Turner, Wade, Rondo, etc.

He's already improved enough for it not to be a deal breaker. The absolute number one thing Payton has to improve on is consistency. He cant play the first 17 games shooting 37% and averaging 10.5 ppg then go 13 games shooting 49% and averaging 14 ppg, then go 21 games shooting 41% and averaging 8.7 ppg, and finish the season going 48% and 11 ppg. we need his slumps to be shorter.

That's a good point. Consistency on both ends in all facets makes him a very important piece of our success.

we can cross the shooting bridge when we come to it. Payton's shooting might cause issues for us going from a good team to a great team but we're not even a good team yet.

The way next summer is with available point guards, it makes sense to wait this out.

Outside of the obvious, Westbrook, I want McCollum.