Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

it's the same role he had in Toronto, a 56 win team, with a very analogous situation with Valenciunas (he and vucevic are somewhat similar players). except they don't have an Ibaka type

Vuch is a better offensive player on a team that doesn't have "offensive" players. We have shooters, we have an distributor, but we as of right now today, have no offensive creators who commands an double. Vuch is the closest thing. Not the most perfect situation but it is what it is until AG, Mario, Fournier, or gulp, Payton shows other wise. Or we bring one in through trade.

I see it like this.

We'll start Payton/Fournier/AG/Ibaka/Vuch. Just like Detroit pre Big Ben and they had Okur.

It'll pump up Vuch's value with Ibaka and AG there helping defensively. Even if Vuch takes another small step defensively it will be a major boost to his value. We also watch Biyombo's development. We also at the same time, watch Payton's. If Biyombo proves he belongs in the SL, Vuch's value is higher than it is now, we have more leverage in a trade which if it's going to happen, likely to happen by the deadline. If Payton is just not the answer, we'll address the pg spot. If he is, we'll address whatever we need.

That's the plan imo.

Well.. Is ok for him to feel that way but to go out on the media and start making assumotions that he will start because he is better than Biyombo is not the way to go.

I do think he is better and he should start but to put another teamate down like that is not the way to go. He has been all but a class act guy until now.

Im glad that Biyombo seems to be another class act guy who likely will brush those comments and will not take those personal.

It is going to get physical in practice. I just hope VUC softness improve and show us he can keep that starting position because Biyombo will Fight for it now.

I still see him be traded along both CJ's.

How did he put him down? He said he's glad he was signed and complimented him on his defense and how we needed a player like that. He also complimented his contribution in the playoffs.

he still see's himself as the main piece. regardless if we start him or not (I don't really care, Bogut was a starter for golden state) we're still going to be playing Biyombo 22ish mpg. we're going to be playing Ibaka a handful of minutes at center. That leaves 22ish mpg for Vucevic. That's not a "one of the best centers in the league" roles for him.

Nothing wrong with him seeing himself as a main piece right up until the second we trade him. Hopefully being pushed a little will actually motivate him to do a little more on the defensive end because frankly he's never been pushed for minutes

Nothing wrong with him seeing himself as a main piece right up until the second we trade him. Hopefully being pushed a little will actually motivate him to do a little more on the defensive end because frankly he's never been pushed for minutes

And he's never really practiced against guys like Ibaka and Biyombo. I mean we had Dedmon but...

How did he put him down? He said he's glad he was signed and complimented him on his defense and how we needed a player like that. He also complimented his contribution in the playoffs.

He didn't put Biyombo down, people are just overreacting as usual.

Vuch is a better offensive player on a team that doesn't have "offensive" players. We have shooters, we have an distributor, but we as of right now today, have no offensive creators who commands an double. Vuch is the closest thing. Not the most perfect situation but it is what it is until AG, Mario, Fournier, or gulp, Payton shows other wise. Or we bring one in through trade.

I see it like this.

We'll start Payton/Fournier/AG/Ibaka/Vuch. Just like Detroit pre Big Ben and they had Okur.

It'll pump up Vuch's value with Ibaka and AG there helping defensively. Even if Vuch takes another small step defensively it will be a major boost to his value. We also watch Biyombo's development. We also at the same time, watch Payton's. If Biyombo proves he belongs in the SL, Vuch's value is higher than it is now, we have more leverage in a trade which if it's going to happen, likely to happen by the deadline. If Payton is just not the answer, we'll address the pg spot. If he is, we'll address whatever we need.

That's the plan imo.

eh, I think Vucevic's offense is somewhat overrated. Dude should have scored at a higher rate considering his field goal attempts.

When someone says that they are better than you publicly on something but later says that you are still good at it..is not truly a complement. I know he didnt said that exactly but that is how some people may see it. He didnt put him down but didnt embrace the competition for that starting job either. Again, im glad that Biyombo is not like some of those people.

My point is that he shouldnt be out there saying things like that publicly. No need for that.

We are all competitive in nature and im sure that Biy will take this more of a motivation to work toward getting that starting position eventually.

You should never feel comfortable or accept to be always second to someone.

Exactly!!!!!

Well, this is worth the price of admission....isn't it?

I really like Vuc, he is a long suffering player as we are a long suffering fan base, he and the other youngsters brought in after the Dwightmare events, did all they could to turn our franchise/team back to the winning pedigree we always expected. BUTTTTT......here is the problem, Vuc became very comfortable (as he should have) as the starter because for the past few seasons, he has gone unchallenged, or faced the possibility of being displaced by anyone as the starter. ohmy.gif

I don't think Bizz is here to displace Vuc, but to create a more dynamic back court than what we or the league expected us to produce! For a change, we have a really good problem that only a few teams can boast. If we really look at it clearly, there were no ego's on this team, and there also have been no real leadership (among the players) either!

This could be the first time Vuc feels some real heat, and I really hope it is enough to turn him into the all star that I think he could be with a better defensive effort this season.

Additionally, I fully expect us to re sign Serge next season, but if we don't, having both Nik and Bizz under contract keeps us valid, and frees up $ to chase another high value PF in FA. We are in a good position, only ego's could prevent us from making our return to the playoffs.

Lastly, Roy Hibbert was a real force to deal with under Vogel, I think Vuc was and is, a much better center than Hibbert, so if Vogel can work with Nik........... the Skies the limit for him and this/our team!! We have a great problem here guy's!!

smile_headbang.gifsmile_headbang.gifsmile_headbang.gif

Exactly!!!!!

Well, this is worth the price of admission....isn't it?

I really like Vuc, he is a long suffering player as we are a long suffering fan base, he and the other youngsters brought in after the Dwightmare events, did all they could to turn our franchise/team back to the winning pedigree we always expected. BUTTTTT......here is the problem, Vuc became very comfortable (as he should have) as the starter because for the past few seasons, he has gone unchallenged, or faced the possibility of being displaced by anyone as the starter. ohmy.gif

I don't think Bizz is here to displace Vuc, but to create a more dynamic back court than what we or the league expected us to produce! For a change, we have a really good problem that only a few teams can boast. If we really look at it clearly, there were no ego's on this team, and there also have been no real leadership (among the players) either!

This could be the first time Vuc feels some real heat, and I really hope it is enough to turn him into the all star that I think he could be with a better defensive effort this season.

Additionally, I fully expect us to re sign Serge next season, but if we don't, having both Nik and Bizz under contract keeps us valid, and frees up $ to chase another high value PF in FA. We are in a good position, only ego's could prevent us from making our return to the playoffs.

Lastly, Roy Hibbert was a real force to deal with under Vogel, I think Vuc was and is, a much better center than Hibbert, so if Vogel can work with Nik........... the Skies the limit for him and this/our team!! We have a great problem here guy's!!

smile_headbang.gifsmile_headbang.gifsmile_headbang.gif

Speaking of Hibbert, Did he signed with anyone?

I heard he was offered a very low contract with someone but not sure if that was eventually signed.

eh, I think Vucevic's offense is somewhat overrated. Dude should have scored at a higher rate considering his field goal attempts.

I didn't say he was Hakeem. I said he's the best on our team.

Two seasons ago he averaged 19 a game on 16 shots per game. He shot 52% from the field. That's not shabby at all.

When someone says that they are better than you publicly on something but later says that you are still good at it..is not truly a complement. I know he didnt said that exactly but that is how some people may see it. He didnt put him down but didnt embrace the competition for that starting job either. Again, im glad that Biyombo is not like some of those people.

My point is that he shouldnt be out there saying things like that publicly. No need for that.

We are all competitive in nature and im sure that Biy will take this more of a motivation to work toward getting that starting position eventually.

You should never feel comfortable or accept to be always second to someone.

He never mentioned the words better than. He believe he's an starter who should be a starter until someone knocks him off the totem pole. Competition. I like it.

Speaking of Hibbert, Did he signed with anyone?

I heard he was offered a very low contract with someone but not sure if that was eventually signed.

Hornets.