Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

I understand all that but my whole point is that in order to trade for Westbrook we have to give up at least three players and at least two draft picks. That's giving up a ton for a top 5 player giving you about 100 games. If Westbrook had two-three years on his deal than absolutely. It's a huge gamble for us because like mentioned earlier, there are teams like San Antonio who he'll jump to if he has the opportunity. Miami will probably be another team who will look like at him to pair with Whiteside.

Let me ask you this, If we trade a combination of Vucevic/Hezonja/Gordon/Payton and draft picks for Westbrook are we better than the Cavs/Pacers after that?

The Thunder have Payne so they may not even want Payton. They may ask for Vucevic/Gordon/Hezonja and picks

I'm not sure but I sure as hell think about it. Only thing I'm saying is it is something that absolutely needs to be discussed by Rob.

With our current team structure a trade seems to be Robs plan. If thats his plan well heres his opportunity. He gets paid to bring players in and to keep them around. Time to figure out if he can do his job or not.

Game over said it not me brotha. Trading for Westbrook doesn't make us a contender because our bench would be terrible.

Our bench is terrible as is and we have no star players. What we currently have is a collection of good but not great players, trading for Westbrook for sure gives us a better chance. There isn't much we can do to compete with Cleveland now, but adding a star player gives you a better chance and gives us an opportunity to rise when the Cavs start to fall.

Our bench is terrible as is and we have no star players. What we currently have is a collection of good but not great players, trading for Westbrook for sure gives us a better chance. There isn't much we can do to compete with Cleveland now, but adding a star player gives you a better chance and gives us an opportunity to rise when the Cavs start to fall.

our bench isn't terrible. it's probably above average.

Our bench is far from terrible man.

Biyombo or Vucevic/Green/Hezonja/Meeks/Augustin is an above average bench so I respectfully disagree with that statement. I have to go with Payton on this one

our bench isn't terrible. it's probably above average.

I'm not overly impressed. Assuming Vooch comes off the bench that sounds like a nice spark, but we have no clue how good he can be in whatever new role we'll have for him assuming he's still here by the time the season starts. Our best bench player will be whoever is not starting between Gordon and Green, which is good but the rest don't really impress me. Even if you want to call it above average, it still is silly to prefer that over a potential star player.

Heading up? Your confident one of Payton, AG, Mario will become a star? Because that's what it has to take to get into the playoffs. Boston isn't done. They'll make a move.

More confident in that than Westbrook not bolting after 1 year and we out if 3 players and 2 draft picks..only way its a smart move is if he signs a new deal before the trade..which isn't gonna happen..

I'm not overly impressed. Assuming Vooch comes off the bench that sounds like a nice spark, but we have no clue how good he can be in whatever new role we'll have for him assuming he's still here by the time the season starts. Our best bench player will be whoever is not starting between Gordon and Green, which is good but the rest don't really impress me. Even if you want to call it above average, it still is silly to prefer that over a potential star player.

sure.

but there's a legitimate argument from both sides. Trade whatever you can for westbrook without tanking your entire team because it's difficult to get one of those guys. Don't trade for westbrook because there's a solid chance that he's going to be gone next year and you can just try and grab him in free agency instead.

People on here kill me. The same people who want us to trade for Westbrook on a 1-year rental will be the same ones crying for Henny to be fired because he couldn't convince Westbrook to stay.

I'll be laughing at those that wanted us to wait for FA and strike out yet again. They'll look to fire Henny for being complacent and not doing anything to progress the roster. Meanwhile, our draft picks do not become stars and we are sitting as a consistent 7th-8th seed.

People on here kill me. The same people who want us to trade for Westbrook on a 1-year rental will be the same ones crying for Henny to be fired because he couldn't convince Westbrook to stay.

Well that is his job.