Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Croatia's captain, Roko Ukic (formerly of the Milwaukee bucks) is also on the same rotation as hezonja.

so maybe this is just some weird euro thing that I don't understand

Magic forward Aaron Gordon & his brother, ex-NBA player Drew Gordon, are expected to play for South Bay vs Dream Team at SF Pro-Am tonight.

Croatia's captain, Roko Ukic (formerly of the Milwaukee bucks) is also on the same rotation as hezonja.

so maybe this is just some weird euro thing that I don't understand

Mario hasn't even came close to his potential yet and the first summer is very important to a players growth so I really hope he's working on his game and not wasting some very important time. 2 points in almost 8 minutes is horrible. Even if plays aren't getting called for him he needs to find other ways to score. After a year in the NBA playing against the best players in the world night in and night out, I expect much more out of him against 2nd tier players over seas.

Magic forward Aaron Gordon & his brother, ex-NBA player Drew Gordon, are expected to play for South Bay vs Dream Team at SF Pro-Am tonight.

Does anyone know if they stream the Pro AM's on line anywhere?

Mario hasn't even came close to his potential yet and the first summer is very important to a players growth so I really hope he's working on his game and not wasting some very important time. 2 points in almost 8 minutes is horrible. Even if plays aren't getting called for him he needs to find other ways to score. After a year in the NBA playing against the best players in the world night in and night out, I expect much more out of him against 2nd tier players over seas.

Eh, Fournier was the same way last summer with France.

Hezonja played well against Canada but didn't do anything today. It happens.

Eh, Fournier was the same way last summer with France.

Hezonja played well against Canada but didn't do anything today. It happens.

I get that, but the difference is Fournier was a number 20 pick and Mario was a top 5 pick in a stacked draft so the expectations should be a little different.

I know I'm about to get roasted here since a majority of the people here are in love with the kid, but have we ever seen him do anything special in organized basketball? The dude is all raw talent, but I'm not sure he truly knows how to play the game the way it will be needed for him to be successful in the NBA. He wasn't that good for Barcelona and wasn't that good as rookie. I might be in the minority, but I remain a skeptic of the kid until he shows otherwise.

I get that, but the difference is Fournier was a number 20 pick and Mario was a top 5 pick in a stacked draft so the expectations should be a little different.

International basketball is different though. Just gotta shrug your shoulders and see what happens pre-season

I know I'm about to get roasted here since a majority of the people here are in love with the kid, but have we ever seen him do anything special in organized basketball? The dude is all raw talent, but I'm not sure he truly knows how to play the game the way it will be needed for him to be successful in the NBA. He wasn't that good for Barcelona and wasn't that good as rookie. I might be in the minority, but I remain a skeptic of the kid until he shows otherwise.

He was pretty good for Barcelona. What are you talking about?